accosts: Associated Words Filter by Noun/Verb/Adjective/Adverb, Position, Positive/Negative, Common/Rare, Syllables & more. Words described by accosts & Words describing accosts
- adjective satellite marked by or given to doubt
skeptical; sceptical; questioning.
- a skeptical attitude
- a skeptical listener
- verb consider unlikely or have doubts about
- I doubt that she will accept his proposal of marriage
Thou shalt call his name Jesus; for he shall save his people from their sins. Matt. i. 21.
Jesu, do thou my soul receive. Keble.
- noun someone who works with their hands; someone engaged in manual labor
labourer; manual laborer; jack.
- noun any person in the armed services who holds a position of authority or command
- an officer is responsible for the lives of his men
- noun someone who is appointed or elected to an office and who holds a position of trust
- he is an officer of the court
- the club elected its officers for the coming year
- adjective satellite any of various alternatives; some other
- put it off to another (or some other) day
- noun a pauper who lives by begging
- verb be beyond the resources of
- This beggars description!
- noun (plural) any group of human beings (men or women or children) collectively
- old people
- there were at least 200 people in the audience
- noun the body of citizens of a state or country
- the Spanish people
- adverb in an impolite manner
- he treated her impolitely
- noun the smallest whole number or a numeral representing this number
ace; I; unity; 1; single.
- he has the one but will need a two and three to go with it
- they had lunch at one
- noun a single person or thing
- he is the best one
- this is the one I ordered
- noun a community of people smaller than a village
- noun the hero of William Shakespeare's tragedy who hoped to avenge the murder of his father
- noun the time after sunrise and before sunset while it is light outside
- the dawn turned night into day
- it is easier to make the repairs in the daytime
- noun light during the daytime
- noun the cardinal number that is the sum of one and one or a numeral representing this number
II; deuce; 2.
- noun one of the four playing cards in a deck that have two spots
- noun anyone who does not belong in the environment in which they are found
- noun an individual that one is not acquainted with
- adjective satellite (used of count nouns) every one considered individually
- each person is mortal
- each party is welcome
- adverb to or from every one of two or more (considered individually)
from each one; for each one; to each one; apiece.
- they received $10 each
- noun an indirect suggestion
- not a breath of scandal ever touched her
- noun a slight indication
- noun an aromatic gum resin obtained from various Arabian or East African trees; formerly valued for worship and for embalming and fumigation
frankincense; gum olibanum; olibanum.
- adverb (used to introduce a logical conclusion) from that fact or reason or as a result
hence; so; therefore; thence.
- therefore X must be true
- the eggs were fresh and hence satisfactory
- we were young and thence optimistic
- it is late and thus we must go
- the witness is biased and so cannot be trusted
- noun a human being
somebody; soul; person; individual; mortal.
- there was too much for one person to do
- noun an adult person who is male (as opposed to a woman)
- there were two women and six men on the bus
- noun someone who serves in the armed forces; a member of a military force
military man; serviceman; military personnel.
- two men stood sentry duty
- noun an adult female person (as opposed to a man)
- the woman kept house while the man hunted
- noun a female person who plays a significant role (wife or mistress or girlfriend) in the life of a particular man
- he was faithful to his woman
- adverb happening unexpectedly
all of a sudden; of a sudden.
- suddenly she felt a sharp pain in her side
- adverb quickly and without warning
short; dead; abruptly.
- he stopped suddenly
- noun Carthaginian theologian whose writing influenced early Christian theology (160-230)
Quintus Septimius Florens Tertullianus.
- noun a young woman
young woman; fille; missy; miss; young lady.
- a young lady of 18
- noun a youthful female person
female child; little girl.
- the baby was a girl
- the girls were just learning to ride a tricycle
- noun the total number counted
- a blood count
- noun the act of counting; reciting numbers in ascending order
counting; tally; enumeration; reckoning; numeration.
- the counting continued for several hours
- noun the distinctive quality or pitch or condition of a person's speech
- A shrill voice sounded behind us
- noun the sound made by the vibration of vocal folds modified by the resonance of the vocal tract
vocalism; phonation; vocalization; vocalisation; vox.
- a singer takes good care of his voice
- the giraffe cannot make any vocalizations
- noun a writer of poems (the term is usually reserved for writers of good poetry)
- adverb without delay or hesitation; with no time intervening
straightaway; forthwith; like a shot; at once; straight off; directly; right away; now; instantly.
- he answered immediately
- found an answer straightaway
- an official accused of dishonesty should be suspended forthwith
- Come here now!
- adverb near or close by
- he passed immediately behind her
- noun obscene terms for penis
shaft; prick; cock; tool; dick; putz; pecker.
- noun disciple of Jesus and leader of the Apostles; regarded by Catholics as the vicar of Christ on earth and first Pope
St. Peter; Saint Peter the Apostle; Saint Peter; Simon Peter; St. Peter the Apostle.
- noun the first or highest in an ordering or series
- He wanted to be the first
- noun the first element in a countable series
number 1; number one.
- the first of the month
- noun spiritual being attendant upon God
- noun person of exceptional holiness
holy person; saint; holy man.
- noun the momentary present
- Now is a good time to do it
- it worked up to right now
- adverb in the historical present; at this point in the narration of a series of past events
- President Kennedy now calls in the National Guard
- Washington now decides to cross the Delaware
- the ship is now listing to port
- noun a male sovereign; ruler of a kingdom
male monarch; Rex.
- noun a competitor who holds a preeminent position
- noun a person you know well and regard with affection and trust
- he was my best friend at the university
- noun an associate who provides cooperation or assistance
- he's a good ally in fight
- noun writes (books or stories or articles or the like) professionally (for pay)
- noun a person who is able to write and has written something
- adverb anew
once more; once again; over again.
- she tried again
- they rehearsed the scene again
- noun a human being
someone; somebody; soul; individual; mortal.
- there was too much for one person to do
- noun a human body (usually including the clothing)
- a weapon was hidden on his person
- noun the event of dying or departure from life
- her death came as a terrible shock
- upon your decease the capital will pass to your grandchildren
- noun the permanent end of all life functions in an organism or part of an organism
- the animal died a painful death
How can we make the selection of words better for you?
Words are expressive, emotive, nuanced, subtle, erudite and discerning!
Unfortunately words are sometimes also elusive, deceptive, fleeting in memory.
Through months of bittersweet labor, we finally have assembled words together by context. A novel way to search for new and elusive words. Hope they help you!Are we in the right direction? Are your needs fulfilled? If so how? Is there anything we can do or do better? Please let us know in the feedback form!