subaerial : Related Words Words similar in meaning to subaerial
- subaerial root
- epiphytic plant
- term subaerial
- subaerial stolon
- subaerial stem
- subaerial organ
- subaerial leaf
- specialized root type
- epiphyte plant
- tree support
- subaerial eruption
- pond plant
- oil palm tree
- asexual propagation
- water plantain
- loose leaf
- ficus specie
- sea surface
- glacial ice
- land surface
- ice sheet
- water surface
- natural science
- noun all the plant life in a particular region or period
- Pleistocene vegetation
- the flora of southern California
- the botany of China
- noun the branch of biology that studies plants
- noun a particular environment or surrounding influence
- there was an atmosphere of excitement
- noun a unit of pressure: the pressure that will support a column of mercury 760 mm high at sea level and 0 degrees centigrade
standard pressure; atm; standard atmosphere.
- noun American plants closely resembling Old World mistletoe
- noun Old World parasitic shrub having branching greenish stems with leathery leaves and waxy white glutinous berries; the traditional mistletoe of Christmas
Old World mistletoe; Viscum album.
- noun someone who imports or exports without paying duties
contrabandist; smuggler; moon curser; moon-curser.
- noun someone who travels on foot by running
- adjective of or relating to epiphytes
- noun the sciences involved in the study of the physical world and its phenomena
- noun the outer boundary of an artifact or a material layer constituting or resembling such a boundary
- there is a special cleaner for these surfaces
- the cloth had a pattern of red dots on a white surface
- noun the extended two-dimensional outer boundary of a three-dimensional object
- they skimmed over the surface of the water
- a brush small enough to clean every dental surface
- the sun has no distinct surface
- noun plant that derives moisture and nutrients from the air and rain; usually grows on another plant but not parasitic on it
aerophyte; air plant; epiphyte.
- noun a horizontal branch from the base of plant that produces new plants from buds at its tips
- noun the inner surface of the hand from the wrist to the base of the fingers
- noun a linear unit based on the length or width of the human hand
- noun a division of an ocean or a large body of salt water partially enclosed by land
- noun anything apparently limitless in quantity or volume
- noun a small lake
- the pond was too small for sailing
- noun the 3rd planet from the sun; the planet we live on
- the Earth moves around the sun
- he sailed around the world
- noun the loose soft material that makes up a large part of the land surface
- they dug into the earth outside the church
velamenSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun the solid part of the earth's surface
dry land; land; terra firma; earth; solid ground.
- the plane turned away from the sea and moved back over land
- the earth shook for several minutes
- he dropped the logs on the ground
- noun a rational motive for a belief or action
- the reason that war was declared
- the grounds for their declaration
- noun ice crystals forming a white deposit (especially on objects outside)
hoarfrost; hoar; rime.
- noun weather cold enough to cause freezing
- noun the tangible substance that goes into the makeup of a physical object
- coal is a hard black material
- wheat is the stuff they use to make bread
- noun information (data or ideas or observations) that can be used or reworked into a finished form
- the archives provided rich material for a definitive biography
- noun any broad thin expanse or surface
- a sheet of ice
- noun paper used for writing or printing
sheet of paper; piece of paper.
- noun marsh plant having clusters of small white or pinkish flowers and broad pointed or rounded leaves
- noun the activity of providing for or maintaining by supplying with money or necessities
- his support kept the family together
- they gave him emotional support during difficult times
- noun aiding the cause or policy or interests of
- the president no longer has the support of his own party
- they developed a scheme of mutual support
- noun a geological formation consisting of an underground enclosure with access from the surface of the ground or from the sea
- verb hollow out as if making a cave or opening
- The river was caving the banks
- noun a prominent attribute or aspect of something
- the map showed roads and other features
- generosity is one of his best characteristics
- noun the characteristic parts of a person's face: eyes and nose and mouth and chin
- an expression of pleasure crossed his features
- his lineaments were very regular
- noun water frozen in the solid state
- Americans like ice in their drinks
- noun the frozen part of a body of water
- noun something that happens at a given place and time
- noun a special set of circumstances
- in that event, the first possibility is excluded
- it may rain in which case the picnic will be canceled
- noun a submersible warship usually armed with torpedoes
U-boat; sub; pigboat.
- noun a large sandwich made of a long crusty roll split lengthwise and filled with meats and cheese (and tomato and onion and lettuce and condiments); different names are used in different sections of the United States
wedge; bomber; hero; sub; hero sandwich; poor boy; zep; Cuban sandwich; grinder; torpedo; hoagie; Italian sandwich; hoagy; submarine sandwich.
- adjective satellite growing or remaining under water
subaquatic; underwater; submersed; submerged.
- viewing subaqueous fauna from a glass-bottomed boat
- submerged leaves
- noun any of numerous plants of the genus Plantago; mostly small roadside or dooryard weeds with elliptic leaves and small spikes of very small flowers; seeds of some used medicinally
- noun a banana tree bearing hanging clusters of edible angular greenish starchy fruits; tropics and subtropics
Musa paradisiaca; plantain tree.
- adjective relating to or derived from a glacier
- glacial deposit
- adjective satellite devoid of warmth and cordiality; expressive of unfriendliness or disdain
frozen; icy; frigid; wintry; frosty.
- a frigid greeting
- got a frosty reception
- a frozen look on their faces
- a glacial handshake
- icy stare
- wintry smile
- noun any of numerous plants of the orchid family usually having flowers of unusual shapes and beautiful colors
- noun a subdivision of a particular kind of thing
- what type of sculpture do you prefer?
- noun a person of a specified kind (usually with many eccentricities)
case; eccentric; character.
- a real character
- a strange character
- a friendly eccentric
- the capable type
- a mental case
- noun a connecting point at which several lines come together
- noun any thickened enlargement
- noun buildings for carrying on industrial labor
works; industrial plant.
- they built a large plant to manufacture automobiles
- noun (botany) a living organism lacking the power of locomotion
flora; plant life.
- noun a slippery or viscous liquid or liquefiable substance not miscible with water
- noun oil paint containing pigment that is used by an artist
oil color; oil colour.
- noun a science that deals with the history of the earth as recorded in rocks
- verb grant freedom to; free from confinement
unloosen; unloose; free; release; liberate.
- verb turn loose or free from restraint
let loose; unleash.
- let loose mines
- Loose terrible plagues upon humanity
- noun the sudden occurrence of a violent discharge of steam and volcanic material
- noun symptom consisting of a breaking out and becoming visible
- noun a word or expression used for some particular thing
- he learned many medical terms
- noun a limited period of time
- a prison term
- he left school before the end of term
- noun water falling in drops from vapor condensed in the atmosphere
- noun drops of fresh water that fall as precipitation from clouds
- noun (linguistics) the form of a word after all affixes are removed
root word; radical; theme; base; root.
- thematic vowels are part of the stem
- noun a slender or elongated structure that supports a plant or fungus or a plant part or plant organ
- noun binary compound that occurs at room temperature as a clear colorless odorless tasteless liquid; freezes into ice below 0 degrees centigrade and boils above 100 degrees centigrade; widely used as a solvent
- noun the part of the earth's surface covered with water (such as a river or lake or ocean)
body of water.
- they invaded our territorial waters
- they were sitting by the water's edge
- noun a particular course of action intended to achieve a result
- the procedure of obtaining a driver's license
- it was a process of trial and error
- noun (psychology) the performance of some composite cognitive activity; an operation that affects mental contents
operation; cognitive process; mental process; cognitive operation.
- the process of thinking
- the cognitive operation of remembering
sedimentologySorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun a fissure in the earth's crust (or in the surface of some other planet) through which molten lava and gases erupt
- noun a mountain formed by volcanic material
- noun plant that derives moisture and nutrients from the air and rain; usually grows on another plant but not parasitic on it
aerophyte; epiphytic plant; air plant.
- noun the act of moving hurriedly and in a careless manner
hurry; haste; rushing.
- in his haste to leave he forgot his book
- noun a sudden forceful flow
upsurge; spate; surge.
- noun the land on which real estate is located
- he built the house on land leased from the city
- noun material in the top layer of the surface of the earth in which plants can grow (especially with reference to its quality or use)
- the land had never been plowed
- good agricultural soil
- noun someone regarded as certain to succeed
- he's a natural for the job
- noun a notation cancelling a previous sharp or flat
- noun coins collectively
metal money; coinage; mintage.
- noun a fully differentiated structural and functional unit in an animal that is specialized for some particular function
- noun a government agency or instrument devoted to the performance of some specific function
- The Census Bureau is an organ of the Commerce Department
- noun the outer layer of the skin covering the exterior body surface of vertebrates
- adjective not having or involving sex
- an asexual spore
- asexual reproduction
- adjective developed or designed for a special activity or function
- a specialized tool
- verb become more focus on an area of activity or field of study
specialise; narrow down; specialize; narrow.
- She specializes in Near Eastern history
- noun a tall perennial woody plant having a main trunk and branches forming a distinct elevated crown; includes both gymnosperms and angiosperms
- noun a figure that branches from a single root
- genealogical tree
- noun a mixture of gases (especially oxygen) required for breathing; the stuff that the wind consists of
- air pollution
- a smell of chemicals in the air
- open a window and let in some air
- I need some fresh air
- noun the region above the ground
- her hand stopped in mid air
- he threw the ball into the air
- noun the spreading of something (a belief or practice) into new regions
- noun the act of producing offspring or multiplying by such production
- noun a particular branch of scientific knowledge
- the science of genetics
- noun ability to produce solutions in some problem domain
- the skill of a well-trained boxer
- the sweet science of pugilism
- noun a root-like attachment in parasitic plants that penetrates and obtains food from the host
- noun a large natural stream of water (larger than a creek)
- the river was navigable for 50 miles
- noun (botany) the usually underground organ that lacks buds or leaves or nodes; absorbs water and mineral salts; usually it anchors the plant to the ground
- noun the place where something begins, where it springs into being
origin; beginning; rootage; source.
- the Italian beginning of the Renaissance
- Jupiter was the origin of the radiation
- Pittsburgh is the source of the Ohio River
- communism's Russian root
- noun the main organ of photosynthesis and transpiration in higher plants
- noun a sheet of any written or printed material (especially in a manuscript or book)
How can we make the selection of words better for you?
Words are expressive, emotive, nuanced, subtle, erudite and discerning!
Unfortunately words are sometimes also elusive, deceptive, fleeting in memory.
Through months of bittersweet labor, we finally have assembled words together by context. A novel way to search for new and elusive words. Hope they help you!Are we in the right direction? Are your needs fulfilled? If so how? Is there anything we can do or do better? Please let us know in the feedback form!