san : Related Words Words similar in meaning to san
- polish manufacturer autosan
- stigma action network
- discrimination reduction
- subject alternative name
- servicios aéreos nacionales
- copolymer plastic
- acrylonitrile resin
- defunct french aircraft manufacturer
- sydney sanitarium
- north eastern poland
- fabric blindness
- wiang sa district
- société aeronautique normande
- japanese band high
- standard algebraic notation
- sandersville railroad
- hiv stigma
- pompoï department
- - san
- chinese documentary
- wiang sa
- sydney adventist hospital
- japanese honorific
- battle creek sanitarium
- yugoslav rock band
- mighty color
- security certificate
- computer storage
- san diego international airport
- san people
- yugoslav film
- princess mononoke
- ségou region
- balé province
- southern burkina faso
- south african navy
- senior advocate
- defunct airline
- greek letter
- icao code
- iata airport code
- marvel universe
- western ukraine
- international network
- animated film
- burkina faso
- southern africa
- indigenous people
- south africa
- IP SAN
Sorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun a set of rules or principles or laws (especially written ones)
- noun a coding system used for transmitting messages requiring brevity or secrecy
- noun the act of storing something
- noun a depository for goods
entrepot; depot; store; storehouse.
- storehouses were built close to the docks
- noun a hostile meeting of opposing military forces in the course of a war
engagement; conflict; fight.
- Grant won a decisive victory in the battle of Chickamauga
- he lost his romantic ideas about war when he got into a real engagement
- noun an energetic attempt to achieve something
- getting through the crowd was a real struggle
- he fought a battle for recognition
- noun the property of being smooth and shiny
glossiness; burnish; gloss.
- noun a highly developed state of perfection; having a flawless or impeccable quality
culture; cultivation; finish; refinement.
- they performed with great polish
- I admired the exquisite refinement of his prose
- almost an inspiration which gives to all work that finish which is almost art"--Joseph Conrad
- noun one of a number of things from which only one can be chosen
- what option did I have?
- there no other alternative
- my only choice is to refuse
- adjective satellite serving or used in place of another
- an alternative plan
- noun a colorless liquid unsaturated nitrile made from propene
propenonitrile; vinyl cyanide.
pompoïSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun a family of languages spoken in southern Africa
- noun an imaginary person represented in a work of fiction (play or film or story)
fictional character; fictitious character.
- she is the main character in the novel
- noun a characteristic property that defines the apparent individual nature of something
- each town has a quality all its own
- the radical character of our demands
- adjective uttered through the medium of speech or characterized by speech; sometimes used in combination
- a spoken message
- the spoken language
- a soft-spoken person
- verb express in speech
verbalise; verbalize; mouth; utter; talk; speak.
- She talks a lot of nonsense
- This depressed patient does not verbalize
- noun the largest Australian city located in southeastern Australia on the Tasman Sea; state capital of New South Wales; Australia's chief port
- noun an expression of respect
- the Japanese use many honorifics
- adjective satellite conferring or showing honor or respect
- honorific social status commonly attaches to membership in a recognized profession
- noun high level of respect gained by impressive development or achievement
- a man of great stature
- noun (of a standing person) the distance from head to foot
- noun a nation occupying the whole of the Australian continent; Aboriginal tribes are thought to have migrated from southeastern Asia 20,000 years ago; first Europeans were British convicts sent there as a penal colony
Commonwealth of Australia.
- noun the smallest continent; between the South Pacific and the Indian Ocean
- noun infection by the human immunodeficiency virus
- noun the virus that causes acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS); it replicates in and kills the helper T cells
human immunodeficiency virus.
- noun a midwestern state in north central United States in the Great Lakes region
Great Lakes State; Wolverine State; MI.
- noun the 3rd largest of the Great Lakes; the largest freshwater lake entirely within the United States borders
iataSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- adjective satellite originating where it is found
autochthonal; autochthonous; endemic; autochthonic.
- the autochthonal fauna of Australia includes the kangaroo
- autochthonous rocks and people and folktales
- endemic folkways
- the Ainu are indigenous to the northernmost islands of Japan
- noun the United Nations agency concerned with civil aviation
International Civil Aviation Organization.
- noun an unofficial association of people or groups
circle; set; lot.
- the smart set goes there
- they were an angry lot
- noun instrumentalists not including string players
- noun line that is the commercial organization responsible for operating a system of transportation for trains that pull passengers or freight
railway line; railway; railroad line; railway system.
- noun a line of track providing a runway for wheels
railroad track; railway.
- he walked along the railroad track
- noun a desperately poor landlocked country in western Africa; was formerly Upper Volta under French rule but gained independence in 1960
Sans teeth, sans eyes, sans taste, sans everything. Shak.
- noun a language unit by which a person or thing is known
- his name really is George Washington
- those are two names for the same thing
- noun a person's reputation
- he wanted to protect his good name
sandersvilleSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun a rude or vulgar fool
- noun a person who amuses others by ridiculous behavior
goof; goofball; buffoon; merry andrew.
- noun an architectural product or work
- noun the discipline dealing with the principles of design and construction and ornamentation of fine buildings
- architecture and eloquence are mixed arts whose end is sometimes beauty and sometimes use
- noun a lump or mass of hard consolidated mineral matter
- he threw a rock at me
- noun material consisting of the aggregate of minerals like those making up the Earth's crust
- that mountain is solid rock
- stone is abundant in New England and there are many quarries
- noun the state of being free from danger or injury
- we support the armed services in the name of national security
- noun defense against financial failure; financial independence
- his pension gave him security in his old age
- insurance provided protection against loss of wages due to illness
- noun a large natural stream of water (larger than a creek)
- the river was navigable for 50 miles
sociétéSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
autosanSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun a natural stream of water smaller than a river (and often a tributary of a river)
- the creek dried up every summer
- noun any member of the Creek Confederacy (especially the Muskogee) formerly living in Georgia and Alabama but now chiefly in Oklahoma
- noun (plural) any group of human beings (men or women or children) collectively
- old people
- there were at least 200 people in the audience
- noun the body of citizens of a state or country
- the Spanish people
nacionalesSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun a machine for performing calculations automatically
data processor; computing machine; information processing system; computing device; electronic computer.
- noun an expert at calculation (or at operating calculating machines)
calculator; estimator; figurer; reckoner.
- adjective satellite having or showing great strength or force or intensity
- struck a mighty blow
- the mighty logger Paul Bunyan
- the pen is mightier than the sword"- Bulwer-Lytton
- adverb (Southern regional intensive) very; to a great degree
powerful; right; mightily.
- the baby is mighty cute
- he's mighty tired
- it is powerful humid
- that boy is powerful big now
- they have a right nice place
- they rejoiced mightily
- noun any of a class of solid or semisolid viscous substances obtained either as exudations from certain plants or prepared by polymerization of simple molecules
- noun the apical end of the style where deposited pollen enters the pistil
- noun a symbol of disgrace or infamy
brand; stain; mark.
- And the Lord set a mark upon Cain"--Genesis
- noun something that serves as a means of transportation
- noun an exchange of molecules (and their kinetic energy and momentum) across the boundary between adjacent layers of a fluid or across cell membranes
- noun the subject matter of a conversation or discussion
- he didn't want to discuss that subject
- it was a very sensitive topic
- his letters were always on the theme of love
- noun something (a person or object or scene) selected by an artist or photographer for graphic representation
content; depicted object.
- a moving picture of a train is more dramatic than a still picture of the same subject
- noun one or more recordings issued together; originally released on 12-inch phonograph records (usually with attractive record covers) and later on cassette audiotape and compact disc
- noun a book of blank pages with pockets or envelopes; for organizing photographs or stamp collections etc
- noun an interconnected system of things or people
- he owned a network of shops
- retirement meant dropping out of a whole network of people who had been part of my life
- tangled in a web of cloth
- noun (broadcasting) a communication system consisting of a group of broadcasting stations that all transmit the same programs
- the networks compete to broadcast important sports events
mononokeSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
subdistrictSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- adjective concerning or belonging to all or at least two or more nations
- international affairs
- an international agreement
- international waters
- noun any of several international socialist organizations
- noun an electronic memory device
storage; memory board; memory; computer memory; store.
- a memory and the CPU form the central part of a computer to which peripherals are attached
wiangSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun a lightweight handheld collapsible canopy
- noun a formation of military planes maintained over ground operations or targets
- an air umbrella over England
- noun a person or thing equal to another in value or measure or force or effect or significance etc
- send two dollars or the equivalent in stamps
- noun the atomic weight of an element that has the same combining capacity as a given weight of another element; the standard is 8 for oxygen
combining weight; eq; equivalent weight.
- noun a basis for comparison; a reference point against which other things can be evaluated
measure; criterion; touchstone.
- the schools comply with federal standards
- they set the measure for all subsequent work
- noun the ideal in terms of which something can be judged
- they live by the standards of their community
- noun a vehicle that can fly
- noun a hospital for recuperation or for the treatment of chronic diseases
- noun pejorative terms for an insane asylum
crazy house; cuckoo's nest; Bedlam; snake pit; loony bin; booby hatch; madhouse; nuthouse; funny farm; nut house; funny house.
- noun the extended spatial location of something
- the farming regions of France
- religions in all parts of the world
- regions of outer space
- noun a part of an animal that has a special function or is supplied by a given artery or nerve
- in the abdominal region
- noun a female member of a royal family other than the queen (especially the daughter of a sovereign)
- noun a business engaged in manufacturing some product
manufacturing business; maker.
- noun someone who manufactures something
- noun a republic in southeastern Europe; formerly a European soviet; the center of the original Russian state which came into existence in the ninth century
- adjective satellite no longer in force or use; inactive
- a defunct law
- a defunct organization
- adjective satellite having ceased to exist or live
- the will of a defunct aunt
- a defunct Indian tribe
- noun a region marked off for administrative or other purposes
territory; territorial dominion; dominion.
- verb regulate housing in; of certain areas of towns
- noun everything that exists anywhere
creation; macrocosm; existence; world; cosmos.
- they study the evolution of the universe
- the biggest tree in existence
- noun (statistics) the entire aggregation of items from which samples can be drawn
- it is an estimate of the mean of the population
normandeSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
ségouSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun an airfield equipped with control tower and hangars as well as accommodations for passengers and cargo
aerodrome; drome; airdrome.
- noun a hose that carries air under pressure
- noun a commercial enterprise that provides scheduled flights for passengers
airway; airline business.
- noun a colorless oily liquid; the monomer for polystyrene
phenylethylene; vinylbenzene; cinnamene.
- noun something done (usually as opposed to something said)
- there were stories of murders and other unnatural actions
- noun the state of being active
- his sphere of activity
- he is out of action
- noun a film or TV program presenting the facts about a person or event
documentary film; infotainment; docudrama.
- adjective relating to or consisting of or derived from documents
- noun the cardinal compass point that is at 180 degrees
due south; S; southward.
- noun the region of the United States lying to the south of the Mason-Dixon line
- noun an affix that is added at the end of the word
- verb attach a suffix to
- suffix words
burkinaSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun a visual attribute of things that results from the light they emit or transmit or reflect
colour; coloring; colouring.
- a white color is made up of many different wavelengths of light
- noun interest and variety and intensity
- the Puritan Period was lacking in color
- the characters were delineated with exceptional vividness
- noun the second largest continent; located to the south of Europe and bordered to the west by the South Atlantic and to the east by the Indian Ocean
- noun a row or line of people (especially soldiers or police) standing abreast of one another
- the entrance was guarded by ranks of policemen
- noun relative status
- his salary was determined by his rank and seniority
qoppaSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun a country of southeastern Asia that extends southward along the Isthmus of Kra to the Malay Peninsula
Kingdom of Thailand; Siam.
- Thailand is the official name of the former Siam
- noun a professional performer who tells jokes and performs comical acts
- adjective satellite arousing or provoking laughter
funny; risible; mirthful; amusing; laughable; comical.
- an amusing film with a steady stream of pranks and pratfalls
- an amusing fellow
- a comic hat
- a comical look of surprise
- funny stories that made everybody laugh
- a very funny writer
- it would have been laughable if it hadn't hurt so much
- a mirthful experience
- risible courtroom antics
- noun generic name for certain synthetic or semisynthetic materials that can be molded or extruded into objects or films or filaments or used for making e.g. coatings and adhesives
- noun a card (usually plastic) that assures a seller that the person using it has a satisfactory credit rating and that the issuer will see to it that the seller receives payment for the merchandise delivered
charge plate; charge card; credit card.
- do you take plastic?
- noun a young woman
young woman; fille; missy; girl; young lady.
- a young lady of 18
- noun a failure to hit (or meet or find etc)
- noun a hospital for recuperation or for the treatment of chronic diseases
- noun studies intended to provide general knowledge and intellectual skills (rather than occupational or professional skills)
liberal arts; humanistic discipline; humanities.
- the college of arts and sciences
- noun the products of human creativity; works of art collectively
art; fine art.
- an art exhibition
- a fine collection of art
- noun artifact made by weaving or felting or knitting or crocheting natural or synthetic fibers
textile; cloth; material.
- the fabric in the curtains was light and semitransparent
- woven cloth originated in Mesopotamia around 5000 BC
- she measured off enough material for a dress
- noun the underlying structure
- providing a factual framework for future research
- it is part of the fabric of society
- noun a document attesting to the truth of certain stated facts
credential; credentials; certification.
- noun a formal declaration that documents a fact of relevance to finance and investment; the holder has a right to receive interest or dividends
- he held several valuable securities
- adjective satellite (often followed by `from') not alike; different in nature or quality
- plants of several distinct types
- the word `nationalism' is used in at least two distinct senses
- gold is distinct from iron
- a tree related to but quite distinct from the European beech
- management had interests quite distinct from those of their employees
- adjective easy to perceive; especially clearly outlined
- a distinct flavor
- a distinct odor of turpentine
- a distinct outline
- the ship appeared as a distinct silhouette
- distinct fingerprints
- noun unfair treatment of a person or group on the basis of prejudice
- noun the cognitive process whereby two or more stimuli are distinguished
- noun a health facility where patients receive treatment
- noun a medical institution where sick or injured people are given medical or surgical care
- noun instrumentality that combines interrelated interacting artifacts designed to work as a coherent entity
- he bought a new stereo system
- the system consists of a motor and a small computer
- noun a group of independent but interrelated elements comprising a unified whole
- a vast system of production and distribution and consumption keep the country going
- noun a number or letter indicating quality (especially of a student's performance)
- she made good marks in algebra
- grade A milk
- what was your score on your homework?
- noun a distinguishing symbol
- the owner's mark was on all the sheep
- noun the act of decreasing or reducing something
diminution; decrease; step-down.
- noun any process in which electrons are added to an atom or ion (as by removing oxygen or adding hydrogen); always occurs accompanied by oxidation of the reducing agent
fasoSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun a republic in West Africa on the Gulf of Guinea; gained independence from Britain in 1960; most populous African country
Federal Republic of Nigeria.
- noun the ratio of the circumference to the diameter of a circle; approximately equal to 3.14159265358979323846...
- noun someone who can be employed as a detective to collect information
private investigator; private eye; private detective; sherlock; shamus; operative.
- noun a republic in northwestern South America; became independent from Spain in 1822; the landscape is dominated by the Andes
Republic of Ecuador.
- noun the cardinal compass point that is at 0 or 360 degrees
northward; due north; N.
- noun the region of the United States lying to the north of the Mason-Dixon line
baléSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- adjective satellite lying toward or situated in the east
- the eastern end of the island
- adjective of or characteristic of eastern regions of the United States
- the Eastern establishment
- noun a vehicle carrying many passengers; used for public transport
coach; omnibus; motorbus; motorcoach; passenger vehicle; charabanc; jitney; autobus; double-decker.
- he always rode the bus to work
- noun the topology of a network whose components are connected by a busbar
- noun a name given to a product or service
marque; trade name; brand name.
- noun a recognizable kind
- there's a new brand of hero in the movies now
- what make of car is that?
- noun a sandwich made from a western omelet
- noun a film about life in the western United States during the period of exploration and development
- noun the state of being blind or lacking sight
- noun a native or inhabitant of Yugoslavia
Jugoslavian; Jugoslav; Yugoslavian.
- adjective of or relating to or characteristic of the former country of Yugoslavia or its people or languages
- Yugoslavian wine
- noun an urban area with a fixed boundary that is smaller than a city
- they drive through town on their way to work
- noun the people living in a municipality smaller than a city
- the whole town cheered the team
- noun a group of people who work together
- noun an organized structure for arranging or classifying
organisation; system; arrangement.
- he changed the arrangement of the topics
- the facts were familiar but it was in the organization of them that he was original
- he tried to understand their system of classification
- noun a state in southeastern United States; one of the Confederate states during the American Civil War
Empire State of the South; GA; Peach State.
- noun one of the British colonies that formed the United States
- noun a point located with respect to surface features of some region
spot; topographic point.
- this is a nice place for a picnic
- a bright spot on a planet
- noun any area set aside for a particular purpose
- who owns this place?
- the president was concerned about the property across from the White House
- noun a polymer consisting of two or more different monomers
- noun the second largest continent; located to the south of Europe and bordered to the west by the South Atlantic and to the east by the Indian Ocean
- noun a grouping of a number of similar things
clustering; clump; bunch.
- a bunch of trees
- a cluster of admirers
- verb come together as in a cluster or flock
flock; clump; constellate.
- The poets constellate in this town every summer
- noun a landlocked republic in northwestern Africa; achieved independence from France in 1960; Mali was a center of West African civilization for more than 4,000 years
Republic of Mali; French Sudan.
- adjective having life or vigor or spirit
- an animated and expressive face
- animated conversation
- became very animated when he heard the good news
- verb heighten or intensify
invigorate; enliven; animate; inspire; exalt.
- These paintings exalt the imagination
- noun a republic in central Europe; the invasion of Poland by Germany in 1939 started World War II
Republic of Poland; Polska.
serviciosSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
sanSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun the branch of engineering science that studies (with the aid of computers) computable processes and structures
- noun the procedure of calculating; determining something by mathematical or logical methods
- noun clarification that follows from the removal of ambiguity
- noun a lofty level or position or degree
- summer temperatures reached an all-time high
- noun an air mass of higher than normal pressure
- the east coast benefits from a Bermuda high
aéreosSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- adverb with respect to ethnicity
- the neighborhood is ethnically diverse
- noun a form of entertainment that enacts a story by sound and a sequence of images giving the illusion of continuous movement
flick; picture; picture show; pic; movie; motion picture; moving-picture show; motion-picture show; moving picture.
- they went to a movie every Saturday night
- the film was shot on location
- noun a medium that disseminates moving pictures
- theater pieces transferred to celluloid
- this story would be good cinema
- film coverage of sporting events
diegoSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun a technical system of symbols used to represent special things
- noun a comment or instruction (usually added)
- his notes were appended at the end of the article
- he added a short notation to the address on the envelope
- noun a human being
someone; somebody; soul; individual; mortal.
- there was too much for one person to do
- noun a human body (usually including the clothing)
- a weapon was hidden on his person
- noun your grandmother
- noun the mother of your father or mother
grannie; grandma; nanna; grandmother; gran; granny.
- noun weedy annual native to Europe but widely distributed as a weed especially in wheat
cheat; Bromus secalinus.
- noun a board game for two players who move their 16 pieces according to specific rules; the object is to checkmate the opponent's king
- noun a specialized division of a large organization
- you'll find it in the hardware department
- she got a job in the historical section of the Treasury
- noun the territorial and administrative division of some countries (such as France)
- noun the territory occupied by one of the constituent administrative districts of a nation
- his state is in the deep south
- noun the proper sphere or extent of your activities
- it was his province to take care of himself
- noun a person who pleads for a cause or propounds an idea
advocator; proponent; exponent.
- noun a lawyer who pleads cases in court
counsel; counselor-at-law; counsellor; pleader; counselor.
- adjective in or characteristic of a region of the United States south of (approximately) the Mason-Dixon line
- southern hospitality
- southern cooking
- southern plantations
- adjective satellite situated in or oriented toward the south
- a southern exposure
- took a southerly course
- adjective of or relating to algebra
- algebraic geometry
- noun a written message addressed to a person or organization
- mailed an indignant letter to the editor
- noun the conventional characters of the alphabet used to represent speech
alphabetic character; letter of the alphabet.
- his grandmother taught him his letters
sandraSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun an undergraduate student during the year preceding graduation
- noun a person who is older than you are
aeronautiqueSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun the location on a baseball field where the shortstop is stationed
- noun accidental contact between two points in an electric circuit that have a potential difference
- noun the 18th letter of the Greek alphabet
- adjective satellite migratory
mobile; wandering; peregrine; roving.
- a restless mobile society
- the nomadic habits of the Bedouins
- believed the profession of a peregrine typist would have a happy future
- wandering tribes
- noun a republic at the southernmost part of Africa; achieved independence from the United Kingdom in 1910; first European settlers were Dutch (known as Boers)
Republic of South Africa.
- noun a member of the race of nomadic hunters and gatherers who live in southern Africa
- noun a dweller in the Australian bush country
- noun the preservation of mental and physical health by preventing or treating illness through services offered by the health profession
- noun Nazi militia created by Hitler in 1921 that helped him to power but was eclipsed by the SS after 1943
Sturmabteilung; Storm Troops.
- noun a series of mental images and emotions occurring during sleep
- I had a dream about you last night
- noun imaginative thoughts indulged in while awake
- he lives in a dream that has nothing to do with reality
- noun something that causes feelings of wonder
- the wonders of modern science
- verb be amazed at
- We marvelled at the child's linguistic abilities
How can we make the selection of words better for you?
Words are expressive, emotive, nuanced, subtle, erudite and discerning!
Unfortunately words are sometimes also elusive, deceptive, fleeting in memory.
Through months of bittersweet labor, we finally have assembled words together by context. A novel way to search for new and elusive words. Hope they help you!Are we in the right direction? Are your needs fulfilled? If so how? Is there anything we can do or do better? Please let us know in the feedback form!