prehensory : Related Words Words similar in meaning to prehensory
- noun understanding of the nature or meaning or quality or magnitude of something
- he has a good grasp of accounting practices
- noun the limit of capability
range; reach; compass.
- within the compass of education
- verb take hold of; grab
- The sales clerk quickly seized the money on the counter
- She clutched her purse
- The mother seized her child by the arm
- Birds of prey often seize small mammals
- verb take or capture by force
- The terrorists seized the politicians
- The rebels threaten to seize civilian hostages
- adjective adapted for grasping especially by wrapping around an object
- a monkey's prehensile tail
- adjective satellite having a keen intellect
- poets--those gifted strangely prehensile men"- A.T.Quiller-Couch
How can we make the selection of words better for you?
Words are expressive, emotive, nuanced, subtle, erudite and discerning!
Unfortunately words are sometimes also elusive, deceptive, fleeting in memory.
Through months of bittersweet labor, we finally have assembled words together by context. A novel way to search for new and elusive words. Hope they help you!Are we in the right direction? Are your needs fulfilled? If so how? Is there anything we can do or do better? Please let us know in the feedback form!