onto : Related Words Words similar in meaning to onto
- onto -
- one - to - one
- locally indicable
- en -
- deformation retract
- covering space
- bottom edge
Sorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
surjectiveSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun half the width of an em
- noun the state or fact of existing
- a point of view gradually coming into being
- laws in existence for centuries
- noun a living thing that has (or can develop) the ability to act or function independently
- noun the smallest whole number or a numeral representing this number
ace; I; unity; 1; single.
- he has the one but will need a two and three to go with it
- they had lunch at one
- noun a single person or thing
- he is the best one
- this is the one I ordered
- noun (biology) the process of an individual organism growing organically; a purely biological unfolding of events involved in an organism changing gradually from a simple to a more complex level
development; ontogenesis; maturation; growth; growing.
- he proposed an indicator of osseous development in children
bijectiveSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
codomainSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- adverb by a particular locality
- it was locally decided
- adverb to a restricted area of the body
- apply this medicine topically
Stay with us, go not to Wittenberg. Shak.
So to the sylvan lodge They came, that like Pomona's arbor smiled. Milton.
I'll to him again, . . . He'll tell me all his purpose. She stretched her arms to heaven. Dryden.
indicableSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- verb formally reject or disavow a formerly held belief, usually under pressure
resile; abjure; forswear; recant.
- He retracted his earlier statements about his religion
- She abjured her beliefs
- verb pull away from a source of disgust or fear
- noun a change for the worse
- noun alteration in the shape or dimensions of an object as a result of the application of stress to it
- noun (mathematics) a mathematical relation such that each element of a given set (the domain of the function) is associated with an element of another set (the range of the function)
single-valued function; mathematical function; mapping; map.
- noun what something is used for
use; role; purpose.
- the function of an auger is to bore holes
- ballet is beautiful but what use is it?
- adjective (sometimes followed by `of') having or showing knowledge or understanding or realization or perception
- was aware of his opponent's hostility
- became aware of her surroundings
- aware that he had exceeded the speed limit
- adjective bearing in mind; attentive to
- ever mindful of her health
- mindful of his responsibilities
- mindful of these criticisms, I shall attempt to justify my action
- noun (computer science) a rigorous and exhaustive organization of some knowledge domain that is usually hierarchical and contains all the relevant entities and their relations
- noun the metaphysical study of the nature of being and existence
- noun a disavowal or taking back of a previous assertion
- noun the act of pulling or holding or drawing a part back
- the retraction of the landing gear
- retraction of the foreskin
injectiveSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- adjective satellite used of relations such that each member of one set is associated with one member of a second set
- noun a natural object that covers or envelops
cover; natural covering.
- under a covering of dust
- the fox was flushed from its cover
- noun an artifact that covers something else (usually to protect or shelter or conceal it)
- noun the unlimited expanse in which everything is located
- they tested his ability to locate objects in space
- the boundless regions of the infinite
- noun an empty area (usually bounded in some way between things)
- the architect left space in front of the building
- they stopped at an open space in the jungle
- the space between his teeth
- noun an area in which something acts or operates or has power or control: "the range of a supersonic jet"
ambit; reach; orbit; compass; scope.
- a piano has a greater range than the human voice
- the ambit of municipal legislation
- within the compass of this article
- within the scope of an investigation
- outside the reach of the law
- in the political orbit of a world power
- noun the limits within which something can be effective
- range of motion
- he was beyond the reach of their fire
- noun the boundary of a surface
- noun a line determining the limits of an area
How can we make the selection of words better for you?
Words are expressive, emotive, nuanced, subtle, erudite and discerning!
Unfortunately words are sometimes also elusive, deceptive, fleeting in memory.
Through months of bittersweet labor, we finally have assembled words together by context. A novel way to search for new and elusive words. Hope they help you!Are we in the right direction? Are your needs fulfilled? If so how? Is there anything we can do or do better? Please let us know in the feedback form!