Toys & Games: BestSellers on Amazon
ifs : Related Words Words similar in meaning to ifs
- file system
- posix compatible filesystem
- microsoft office infopath form
- intermediate frontal sulcus
- integrated facility service
- global meteorological model
- facility service delivery model
- cisco io file system
- sharepoint web site
- internet file system
- internal field separator
- fluctuation spectroscopy
- international financial statistic
- integrated file system
- ibm midrange
- financial service initiative
- financial service cluster
- filesystem api
- posix filesystem
- isoflavonoid synthase
- independent economic research institute
- air force flight school
- importer security filing
- ifs ab
- oracle java
- islamic foundation school
- flight screening
- initial flight screening
- infopath form service
- internationale filmschule köln
- internal family system model
- ifs university college
- integrated forecast system
- installable file system
- sharepoint server
- normandie région
- iterated function system
- enterprise resource planning software
- ibm os / 2
- dynamic light
- os / 400
- cisco io
- microsoft window nt
- mainframe system
- range weather forecast
- fiscal study
- indian forest service
- unix shell
- indian foreign service
- financial education
- international future
- independent front suspension
- special set
- independent suspension
- swedish company
- international foundation
- european centre
- defence study
- norwegian institute
- passenger vehicle
- financial system
- irish free state
- international monetary fund
- operating system
- computer science
- united state
- 20th century
- noun place of business where professional or clerical duties are performed
- he rented an office in the new building
- noun an administrative unit of government
agency; authority; bureau; federal agency; government agency.
- the Central Intelligence Agency
- the Census Bureau
- Office of Management and Budget
- Tennessee Valley Authority
- adjective satellite involving the entire earth; not limited or provincial in scope
worldwide; planetary; world-wide; world.
- global war
- global monetary policy
- neither national nor continental but planetary
- a world crisis
- of worldwide significance
- adjective satellite having the shape of a sphere or ball
spherical; ball-shaped; globular; orbicular; spheric; globose.
- a spherical object
- nearly orbicular in shape
- little globular houses like mud-wasp nests"- Zane Grey
- noun an efficient incentive
- they hoped it would act as a spiritual dynamic on all churches
- adjective characterized by action or forcefulness or force of personality
- a dynamic market
- a dynamic speaker
- the dynamic president of the firm
- noun an act of formulating a program for a definite course of action
- the planning was more fun than the trip itself
- noun the act or process of drawing up plans or layouts for some project or enterprise
- noun systematic investigation to establish facts
- noun a search for knowledge
- their pottery deserves more research than it has received
- noun an intricate network suggesting something that was formed by weaving or interweaving
- the trees cast a delicate web of shadows over the lawn
- noun an intricate trap that entangles or ensnares its victim
filmschoolSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun a former province of northwestern France on the English channel; divided into Haute-Normandie and Basse-Normandie
- noun a framework of wood or metal that contains a glass windowpane and is built into a wall or roof to admit light or air
- noun a transparent opening in a vehicle that allow vision out of the sides or back; usually is capable of being opened
- noun an imaginary person represented in a work of fiction (play or film or story)
fictional character; fictitious character.
- she is the main character in the novel
- noun a characteristic property that defines the apparent individual nature of something
- each town has a quality all its own
- the radical character of our demands
- noun the territory occupied by one of the constituent administrative districts of a nation
- his state is in the deep south
- noun the way something is with respect to its main attributes
- the current state of knowledge
- his state of health
- in a weak financial state
- noun any of several complex proteins that are produced by cells and act as catalysts in specific biochemical reactions
- noun the display of a motion picture
- noun fabric of metal or plastic mesh
- noun a mixture in which fine particles are suspended in a fluid where they are supported by buoyancy
- noun a time interval during which there is a temporary cessation of something
intermission; break; pause; interruption.
- noun the branch of engineering science that studies (with the aid of computers) computable processes and structures
- noun an adornment worn on the forehead
- noun a drapery that covers the front of an altar
- noun a computer network consisting of a worldwide network of computer networks that use the TCP/IP network protocols to facilitate data transmission and exchange
isoflavonoidSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun the side that is forward or prominent
forepart; front end.
- noun the line along which opposing armies face each other
front line; battlefront.
- noun (mathematics) a geometric pattern that is repeated at every scale and so cannot be represented by classical geometry
- noun an educational institution
- the school was founded in 1900
- noun a building where young people receive education
- the school was built in 1932
- he walked to school every morning
- noun available source of wealth; a new or reserve supply that can be drawn upon when needed
- noun a source of aid or support that may be drawn upon when needed
- the local library is a valuable resource
régionSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
Tisiphone, that oft hast heard my prayer, Assist, if OEdipus deserve thy care. Pope.
If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread. Matt. iv. 3.
- noun the body of faculty and students at a university
- noun establishment where a seat of higher learning is housed, including administrative and living quarters as well as facilities for research and teaching
- noun a way of doing something, especially a systematic way; implies an orderly logical arrangement (usually in steps)
- noun an acting technique introduced by Stanislavsky in which the actor recalls emotions or reactions from his or her own life and uses them to identify with the character being portrayed
- noun the atmospheric conditions that comprise the state of the atmosphere in terms of temperature and wind and clouds and precipitation
atmospheric condition; conditions; weather condition.
- they were hoping for good weather
- every day we have weather conditions and yesterday was no exception
- the conditions were too rainy for playing in the snow
- verb face and withstand with courage
brave out; brave; endure.
- She braved the elements
- noun the state of being free from danger or injury
- we support the armed services in the name of national security
- noun defense against financial failure; financial independence
- his pension gave him security in his old age
- insurance provided protection against loss of wages due to illness
- noun a group of things of the same kind that belong together and are so used
- a set of books
- a set of golf clubs
- a set of teeth
- noun (mathematics) an abstract collection of numbers or symbols
- the set of prime numbers is infinite
- noun a powerful effect or influence
- the force of his eloquence easily persuaded them
- noun (physics) the influence that produces a change in a physical quantity
- force equals mass times acceleration
- noun a neutral or uncommitted person (especially in politics)
- noun a writer or artist who sells services to different employers without a long-term contract with any of them
freelance; freelancer; free-lance; free lance; self-employed person.
- noun a perfumed liquid made of essential oils and alcohol
eau de cologne; cologne water.
- noun a commercial center and river port in western Germany on the Rhine River; flourished during the 15th century as a member of the Hanseatic League
- noun the amount of energy transmitted (as by acoustic or electromagnetic radiation)
strength; intensity level.
- he adjusted the intensity of the sound
- they measured the station's signal strength
- noun high level or degree; the property of being intense
- noun a machine for performing calculations automatically
data processor; computing machine; information processing system; computing device; electronic computer.
- noun an expert at calculation (or at operating calculating machines)
calculator; estimator; figurer; reckoner.
- noun the body of faculty and students of a college
- noun an institution of higher education created to educate and grant degrees; often a part of a university
- noun the use of spectroscopes to analyze spectra
spectroscopic analysis; spectrometry; spectrographic analysis; spectrum analysis.
- noun a datum that can be represented numerically
- noun a person whose occupation is to serve at table (as in a restaurant)
- noun (court games) the player who serves to start a point
- noun promise of reimbursement in the case of loss; paid to people or companies so concerned about hazards that they have made prepayments to an insurance company
- noun written contract or certificate of insurance
policy; insurance policy.
- you should have read the small print on your policy
- noun a special offering (usually temporary and at a reduced price) that is featured in advertising
- they are having a special on pork chops
- noun a dish or meal given prominence in e.g. a restaurant
- noun (psychiatry) an unconscious process that tries to reduce the anxiety associated with instinctive desires
defence mechanism; defense reaction; defense; defense mechanism; defence reaction.
- noun (sports) the team that is trying to prevent the other team from scoring
defense; defending team.
- his teams are always good on defense
- noun the excess of revenues over outlays in a given period of time (including depreciation and other non-cash expenses)
net profit; lucre; earnings; net; profits; net income.
- noun the advantageous quality of being beneficial
- noun a policy of intervening in the affairs of other countries
- noun the act of hindering or obstructing or impeding
- noun a prediction about how something (as the weather) will develop
- verb predict in advance
- noun someone whose business involves importing goods from outside (especially from a foreign country)
départementSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun dry apple brandy made in Normandy
- adjective concerning or belonging to all or at least two or more nations
- international affairs
- an international agreement
- international waters
- noun any of several international socialist organizations
- adjective satellite formed or united into a whole
incorporate; merged; incorporated; unified.
- verb make into a whole or make part of a whole
- She incorporated his suggestions into her proposal
installableSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun the entire structure of an organism (an animal, plant, or human being)
organic structure; physical structure.
- he felt as if his whole body were on fire
- noun a group of persons associated by some common tie or occupation and regarded as an entity
- the whole body filed out of the auditorium
- the student body
- administrative body
- noun the basis on which something is grounded
- there is little foundation for his objections
- noun an institution supported by an endowment
midrangeSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun an abstract part of something
ingredient; constituent; factor; element.
- jealousy was a component of his character
- two constituents of a musical composition are melody and harmony
- the grammatical elements of a sentence
- a key factor in her success
- humor: an effective ingredient of a speech
- noun something determined in relation to something that includes it
component part; portion; part; constituent.
- he wanted to feel a part of something bigger than himself
- I read a portion of the manuscript
- the smaller component is hard to reach
- the animal constituent of plankton
- noun an administrative unit of government
office; authority; bureau; federal agency; government agency.
- the Central Intelligence Agency
- the Census Bureau
- Office of Management and Budget
- Tennessee Valley Authority
- noun a business that serves other businesses
- noun people who are free
- the home of the free and the brave
- verb grant freedom to; free from confinement
unloosen; unloose; loose; release; liberate.
- adjective relating to or involving money
- monetary rewards
- he received thanks but no pecuniary compensation for his services
- adjective involved in a kind of operation
- the operating conditions of the oxidation pond
- verb direct or control; projects, businesses, etc.
- She is running a relief operation in the Sudan
synthaseSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun (chemistry) a surface forming a common boundary between two things (two objects or liquids or chemical phases)
- noun (computer science) a program that controls a display for the user (usually on a computer monitor) and that allows the user to interact with the system
- noun (anatomy) any of the narrow grooves in an organ or tissue especially those that mark the convolutions on the surface of the brain
infopathSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun installation from which a military force initiates operations
base of operations.
- the attack wiped out our forward bases
- noun lowest support of a structure
foundation; substructure; groundwork; understructure; fundament; foot.
- it was built on a base of solid rock
- he stood at the foot of the tower
- noun an association organized to promote art or science or education
- verb set up or lay the groundwork for
constitute; found; plant; establish.
- establish a new department
- noun a detailed critical inspection
- noun applying the mind to learning and understanding a subject (especially by reading)
- mastering a second language requires a lot of work
- no schools offer graduate study in interior design
- adjective of concern to or concerning the affairs of other nations (other than your own)
- foreign trade
- a foreign office
- adjective relating to or originating in or characteristic of another place or part of the world
- foreign nations
- a foreign accent
- on business in a foreign city
- adjective able to exist and perform in harmonious or agreeable combination
- a compatible married couple
- her deeds were compatible with her ideology
- adjective capable of being used with or connected to other devices or components without modification
- noun an area in which something acts or operates or has power or control: "the range of a supersonic jet"
ambit; reach; orbit; compass; scope.
- a piano has a greater range than the human voice
- the ambit of municipal legislation
- within the compass of this article
- within the scope of an investigation
- outside the reach of the law
- in the political orbit of a world power
- noun the limits within which something can be effective
- range of motion
- he was beyond the reach of their fire
- adjective of or relating to an economy, the system of production and management of material wealth
- economic growth
- aspects of social, political, and economical life
- adjective of or relating to the science of economics
- economic theory
- noun an apparatus that uses centrifugal force to separate particles from a suspension
instituttSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun (computer science) written programs or procedures or rules and associated documentation pertaining to the operation of a computer system and that are stored in read/write memory
computer software; package; software program; software package; software system.
- the market for software is expected to expand
- adjective of or relating to or resulting from industry
- industrial output
- adjective having highly developed industries
- the industrial revolution
- an industrial nation
- noun a social unit living together
house; household; menage; home.
- he moved his family to Virginia
- It was a good Christian household
- I waited until the whole house was asleep
- the teacher asked how many people made up his home
- noun primary social group; parents and children
- he wanted to have a good job before starting a family
- noun a building or place that provides a particular service or is used for a particular industry
- the assembly plant is an enormous facility
- noun skillful performance or ability without difficulty
quickness; deftness; adeptness; adroitness.
- his quick adeptness was a product of good design
- he was famous for his facility as an archer
filmschuleSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun trademark for a powerful operating system
UNIX system; UNIX operating system.
apiSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun readiness to embark on bold new ventures
enterprisingness; go-ahead; enterprise.
- noun the first of a series of actions
opening move; first step; opening.
- noun cold-water fish caught in Lake Superior and northward
- noun important food fish of cold deep lakes of North America
lake herring; Coregonus artedi.
- noun a beverage consisting of an infusion of ground coffee beans
- he ordered a cup of coffee
- noun an island in Indonesia to the south of Borneo; one of the world's most densely populated regions
- noun a large digital computer serving 100-400 users and occupying a special air-conditioned room
- noun (computer science) the part of a computer (a microprocessor chip) that does most of the data processing
C.P.U.; processor; central processor; central processing unit; CPU.
- the CPU and the memory form the central part of a computer to which the peripherals are attached
- noun work done by one person or group that benefits another
- budget separately for goods and services
- noun an act of help or assistance
- he did them a service
- noun the first letter of a word (especially a person's name)
- he refused to put the initials FRS after his name
- verb mark with one's initials
- noun instrumentality that combines interrelated interacting artifacts designed to work as a coherent entity
- he bought a new stereo system
- the system consists of a motor and a small computer
- noun a group of independent but interrelated elements comprising a unified whole
- a vast system of production and distribution and consumption keep the country going
- noun a republic in western Europe; the largest country wholly in Europe
- noun French writer of sophisticated novels and short stories (1844-1924)
Jacques Anatole Francois Thibault; Anatole France.
- noun a system of classifying into files (usually arranged alphabetically)
- noun a substance formed during a chemical process before the desired product is obtained
- verb act between parties with a view to reconciling differences
mediate; liaise; intercede; arbitrate.
- He interceded in the family dispute
- He mediated a settlement
- noun a republic consisting of 26 of 32 counties comprising the island of Ireland; achieved independence from the United Kingdom in 1921
Eire; Republic of Ireland; Irish Republic.
- noun an island comprising the republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland
Hibernia; Emerald Isle.
- noun a conveyance that transports people or objects
- noun a medium for the expression or achievement of something
- his editorials provided a vehicle for his political views
- a congregation is a vehicle of group identity
- the play was just a vehicle to display her talents
- noun a subdivision of a particular kind of thing
- what type of sculpture do you prefer?
- noun a person of a specified kind (usually with many eccentricities)
case; eccentric; character.
- a real character
- a strange character
- a friendly eccentric
- the capable type
- a mental case
- noun (mathematics) a mathematical relation such that each element of a given set (the domain of the function) is associated with an element of another set (the range of the function)
single-valued function; mathematical function; mapping; map.
- noun what something is used for
use; role; purpose.
- the function of an auger is to bore holes
- ballet is beautiful but what use is it?
- noun a means or instrumentality for storing or communicating information
- noun the surrounding environment
- fish require an aqueous medium
- noun a formation of aircraft in flight
- noun an instance of traveling by air
- flying was still an exciting adventure for him
- noun the phonological or orthographic sound or appearance of a word that can be used to describe or identify something
descriptor; word form; signifier.
- the inflected forms of a word can be represented by a stem and a list of inflections to be attached
- noun a category of things distinguished by some common characteristic or quality
sort; kind; variety.
- sculpture is a form of art
- what kinds of desserts are there?
- noun an institution created to conduct business
- he only invests in large well-established companies
- he started the company in his garage
- noun small military unit; usually two or three platoons
- noun the act of delivering or distributing something (as goods or mail)
- his reluctant delivery of bad news
- noun the event of giving birth
- she had a difficult delivery
- noun a reserve of money set aside for some purpose
- noun a supply of something available for future use
- he brought back a large store of Cuban cigars
- noun a New England state; one of the original 13 colonies
Nutmeg State; Constitution State; CT.
- noun a river in the northeastern United States; flows south from northern New Hampshire along the border between New Hampshire and Vermont and through Massachusetts and Connecticut where it empties into Long Island Sound
- noun the branch of psychiatry concerned with psychological methods
psychotherapeutics; mental hygiene.
- noun the treatment of mental or emotional problems by psychological means
- noun (computer science) software that controls the execution of computer programs and may provide various services
ibmSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun a particular branch of scientific knowledge
- the science of genetics
- noun ability to produce solutions in some problem domain
- the skill of a well-trained boxer
- the sweet science of pugilism
- noun a mixture of gases (especially oxygen) required for breathing; the stuff that the wind consists of
- air pollution
- a smell of chemicals in the air
- open a window and let in some air
- I need some fresh air
- noun the region above the ground
- her hand stopped in mid air
- he threw the ball into the air
kölnSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun the time yet to come
time to come; futurity; hereafter.
- noun a verb tense that expresses actions or states in the future
posixSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- verb to say, state, or perform again
reiterate; repeat; ingeminate; retell; restate.
- She kept reiterating her request
- verb run or be performed again
- the function iterates
- noun a revolutionary socialist anthem
- noun a viewer who looks around casually without seeking anything in particular
- noun a program used to view HTML documents
- noun a traveler riding in a vehicle (a boat or bus or car or plane or train etc) who is not operating it
- noun a bachelor's degree in arts and sciences
Bachelor of Arts; Artium Baccalaurens; BA.
- noun the eleventh month of the civil year; the fifth month of the ecclesiastical year in the Jewish calendar (in July and August)
- noun (Greek mythology) a maiden seduced by Zeus; when Hera was about to discover them together Zeus turned her into a white heifer
- noun the closest of Jupiter's moons; has active volcanoes
- noun a wave motion
- the fluctuations of the sea
- noun an instance of change; the rate or magnitude of change
- noun the piece of land on which something is located (or is to be located)
- a good site for the school
- noun physical position in relation to the surroundings
- the sites are determined by highly specific sequences of nucleotides
- noun a grouping of a number of similar things
clustering; clump; bunch.
- a bunch of trees
- a cluster of admirers
- verb come together as in a cluster or flock
flock; clump; constellate.
- The poets constellate in this town every summer
- adjective involving financial matters
- fiscal responsibility
forsvarsstudierSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun a set of related records (either written or electronic) kept together
- noun a line of persons or things ranged one behind the other
Indian file; single file.
- noun a vehicle carrying many passengers; used for public transport
coach; omnibus; bus; motorbus; motorcoach; charabanc; jitney; autobus; double-decker.
- he always rode the bus to work
- noun the activities of educating or instructing; activities that impart knowledge or skill
instruction; educational activity; didactics; teaching; pedagogy.
- he received no formal education
- our instruction was carefully programmed
- good classroom teaching is seldom rewarded
- noun knowledge acquired by learning and instruction
- it was clear that he had a very broad education
- adjective characterized by unity; being or joined into a single entity
- presented a united front
- verb act in concert or unite in a common purpose or belief
- noun a piece of land cleared of trees and usually enclosed
- he planted a field of wheat
- noun a region where a battle is being (or has been) fought
battlefield; battleground; field of battle; field of honor.
- they made a tour of Civil War battlefields
- adjective happening or arising or located within some limits or especially surface
- internal organs
- internal mechanism of a toy
- internal party maneuvering
- adjective satellite occurring within an institution or community
- intragroup squabbling within the corporation
- noun the trees and other plants in a large densely wooded area
- noun land that is covered with trees and shrubs
timberland; woodland; timber.
- adjective of or relating to the science of geography
- adjective determined by geography
- the north and south geographic poles
- noun a science (or group of related sciences) dealing with the logic of quantity and shape and arrangement
- noun ammunition consisting of a cylindrical metal casing containing an explosive charge and a projectile; fired from a large gun
- noun the material that forms the hard outer covering of many animals
- noun an organization concerned to preserve historic monuments and buildings and places of historical interest or natural beauty; founded in 1895 and supported by endowment and private subscription
- noun something that is required in advance
- Latin was a prerequisite for admission
- adjective satellite required as a prior condition or course of study
- noun the smallest administrative district of several European countries
- noun a body of people or families living together and sharing everything
- noun a United Nations agency to promote trade by increasing the exchange stability of the major currencies
- noun an area that is approximately central within some larger region
heart; middle; eye; center.
- it is in the center of town
- they ran forward into the heart of the struggle
- they were in the eye of the storm
- noun a low-lying region in central France
- adjective of or pertaining to atmospheric phenomena, especially weather and weather conditions
- meteorological factors
- meteorological chart
- meteoric (or meteorological) phenomena
- noun a purposeful or industrious undertaking (especially one that requires effort or boldness)
- he had doubts about the whole enterprise
- noun an organization created for business ventures
- a growing enterprise must have a bold leader
- adjective of or relating to or supporting Islamism
- Islamic art
- noun a republic in central Europe; split into East Germany and West Germany after World War II and reunited in 1990
Deutschland; FRG; Federal Republic of Germany.
- noun the scientific study of the nervous system
- noun a monarchy in northwestern Europe occupying most of the British Isles; divided into England and Scotland and Wales and Northern Ireland; `Great Britain' is often used loosely to refer to the United Kingdom
U.K.; Great Britain; Britain; United Kingdom; United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
- adjective involving financial matters
- fiscal responsibility
- noun an organized body of related information
- noun (physics) electromagnetic radiation that can produce a visual sensation
visible light; visible radiation.
- the light was filtered through a soft glass window
- noun any device serving as a source of illumination
- he stopped the car and turned off the lights
- noun confirmation that some fact or statement is true through the use of documentary evidence
- noun program listings or technical manuals describing the operation and use of programs
microsoftSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
filesystemSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun an authoritative person who divines the future
prophet; vaticinator; seer; prophesier.
- noun a prophecy (usually obscure or allegorical) revealed by a priest or priestess; believed to be infallible
- noun a hypothetical description of a complex entity or process
framework; theoretical account.
- the computer program was based on a model of the circulatory and respiratory systems
- noun a type of product
- his car was an old model
- noun the entering of a legal document into the public record
- he filed a complaint
- he filed his tax return
- noun a fragment rubbed off by the use of a file
Sharpen your Skills with the Masters
How can we make the selection of words better for you?
Words are expressive, emotive, nuanced, subtle, erudite and discerning!
Unfortunately words are sometimes also elusive, deceptive, fleeting in memory.
Through months of bittersweet labor, we finally have assembled words together by context. A novel way to search for new and elusive words. Hope they help you!Are we in the right direction? Are your needs fulfilled? If so how? Is there anything we can do or do better? Please let us know in the feedback form!