Amazon Best Selling Books This Season
confidante (Also confidantes) : Related Words Words similar in meaning to confidante
- spacious suit
- right angle
- canapé à joue
- canapé à confidant ( e
- canapé à confidant
- burjair chair
- triangular seat
- cabinetmaker george hepplewhite
- elegant drawing
- reference bibliography
- modern furniture
- person ( s
- french origin
hepplewhiteSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun the place where something begins, where it springs into being
root; beginning; rootage; source.
- the Italian beginning of the Renaissance
- Jupiter was the origin of the radiation
- Pittsburgh is the source of the Ohio River
- communism's Russian root
- noun properties attributable to your ancestry
- he comes from good origins
- noun a female confidant
canapéSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun a remark that calls attention to something or someone
- she made frequent mention of her promotion
- there was no mention of it
- the speaker made several references to his wife
- noun a short note recognizing a source of information or of a quoted passage
acknowledgment; mention; citation; credit; cite; quotation.
- the student's essay failed to list several important citations
- the acknowledgments are usually printed at the front of a book
- the article includes mention of similar clinical cases
- noun (plural) any group of human beings (men or women or children) collectively
- old people
- there were at least 200 people in the audience
- noun the body of citizens of a state or country
- the Spanish people
- noun a long wooden bench with a back
- noun a small sofa
- verb reveal in private; tell confidentially
- verb confer a trust upon
entrust; trust; intrust; commit.
- The messenger was entrusted with the general's secret
- I commit my soul to God
- noun a contemporary person
- noun a typeface (based on an 18th century design by Gianbattista Bodoni) distinguished by regular shape and hairline serifs and heavy downstrokes
Bodoni font; modern font; Bodoni.
- noun a space reserved for sitting (as in a theater or on a train or airplane)
- he booked their seats in advance
- he sat in someone else's place
- noun the fleshy part of the human body that you sit on
bum; stern; keister; tail end; prat; bottom; rear end; buns; tail; tush; rump; fanny; ass; behind; tooshie; hind end; posterior; hindquarters; butt; nates; rear; arse; buttocks; backside; derriere; can; fundament.
- he deserves a good kick in the butt
- are you going to sit on your fanny and do nothing?
- adjective refined and tasteful in appearance or behavior or style
- elegant handwriting
- an elegant dark suit
- she was elegant to her fingertips
- small churches with elegant white spires
- an elegant mathematical solution--simple and precise and lucid
- adjective satellite suggesting taste, ease, and wealth
- noun an abstract idea of that which is due to a person or governmental body by law or tradition or nature; it is something that nobody can take away"
- they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights
- Certain rights can never be granted to the government but must be kept in the hands of the people"- Eleanor Roosevelt
- a right is not something that somebody gives you
- noun location near or direction toward the right side; i.e. the side to the south when a person or object faces east
- he stood on the right
- noun a seat for one person, with a support for the back
- he put his coat over the back of the chair and sat down
- noun the position of professor
- he was awarded an endowed chair in economics
- noun freedom from doubt; belief in yourself and your abilities
self-confidence; self-assurance; authority; sureness; assurance.
- his assurance in his superiority did not make him popular
- after that failure he lost his confidence
- she spoke with authority
- noun a feeling of trust (in someone or something)
- I have confidence in our team
- confidence is always borrowed, never owned
- noun a suite of rooms usually on one floor of an apartment house
- noun the space between two lines or planes that intersect; the inclination of one line to another; measured in degrees or radians
- noun a biased way of looking at or presenting something
- noun someone to whom private matters are confided
- adjective having or marked by confidence or assurance
- a confident speaker
- a confident reply
- his manner is more confident these days
- confident of fulfillment
- adjective satellite persuaded of; very sure
- were convinced that it would be to their advantage to join
- I am positive he is lying
- was confident he would win
- noun (Roman mythology) supreme god of Romans; counterpart of Greek Zeus
- adjective satellite very large in expanse or scope
- a broad lawn
- the wide plains
- a spacious view
- spacious skies
- adjective satellite (of buildings and rooms) having ample space
- a roomy but sparsely furnished apartment
- a spacious ballroom
- noun a set of garments (usually including a jacket and trousers or skirt) for outerwear all of the same fabric and color
suit of clothes.
- they buried him in his best suit
- noun a comprehensive term for any proceeding in a court of law whereby an individual seeks a legal remedy
case; cause; causa; lawsuit.
- the family brought suit against the landlord
- noun a subdivision of a particular kind of thing
- what type of sculpture do you prefer?
- noun a person of a specified kind (usually with many eccentricities)
case; eccentric; character.
- a real character
- a strange character
- a friendly eccentric
- the capable type
- a mental case
- noun a facility where things can be deposited for storage or safekeeping
depository; deposit; depositary.
- noun a person to whom a secret is entrusted
- noun someone to whom private matters are confided
- verb give to understand
- I insinuated that I did not like his wife
- adjective satellite having three angles; forming or shaped like a triangle
- a triangular figure
- a triangular pyrimid has a triangle for a base
- adjective satellite having three sides
- a trilateral figure
- noun a piece of furniture resembling a cupboard with doors and shelves and drawers; for storage or display
- noun persons appointed by a head of state to head executive departments of government and act as official advisers
- noun the 90 degree angle between two perpendicular lines
burjairSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun a list of writings with time and place of publication (such as the writings of a single author or the works referred to in preparing a document etc.)
- noun furnishings that make a room or other area ready for occupancy
piece of furniture; article of furniture.
- they had too much furniture for the small apartment
- there was only one piece of furniture in the room
àSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun a craftsman who upholsters furniture
- noun an area that is approximately central within some larger region
heart; eye; center; centre.
- it is in the center of town
- they ran forward into the heart of the struggle
- they were in the eye of the storm
- noun an intermediate part or section
- A whole is that which has beginning, middle, and end"- Aristotle
- noun an upholstered seat for more than one person
- noun a formal message requesting something that is submitted to an authority
- noun the verbal act of requesting
- noun an illustration that is drawn by hand and published in a book, magazine, or newspaper
- it is shown by the drawing in Fig. 7
- noun a representation of forms or objects on a surface by means of lines
- drawings of abstract forms
- he did complicated pen-and-ink drawings like medieval miniatures
- noun a person who makes things
- noun terms referring to the Judeo-Christian God
Jehovah; Creator; God Almighty; Almighty; Lord; Divine; Godhead.
- noun a woodworker who specializes in making furniture
- noun someone employed to conduct others
- noun someone who shows the way by leading or advising
- noun a person who is head of an administrative department of government
- noun an assistant who handles correspondence and clerical work for a boss or an organization
Sharpen your Skills with the Masters
How can we make the selection of words better for you?
Words are expressive, emotive, nuanced, subtle, erudite and discerning!
Unfortunately words are sometimes also elusive, deceptive, fleeting in memory.
Through months of bittersweet labor, we finally have assembled words together by context. A novel way to search for new and elusive words. Hope they help you!Are we in the right direction? Are your needs fulfilled? If so how? Is there anything we can do or do better? Please let us know in the feedback form!