chimere : Related Words Words similar in meaning to chimere
- choir dress
- anglican bishop
- academic dress
- black chimere
- convocation habit
- anglican prelate
- liturgical vestment
- x . barbier
- walter skirlawe
- term zimarra
- spanish zamarra
- sleeveless tabard
- roman catholic ecclesiastical garment
- rev . n . f . robinson
- red chimere
- purple chimeres
- purple chimere
- optional academic hood
- old french chamarre
- latin chimera
- late abuse
- italian zimarra
- it secular precursor
- inconvenient cappa clausa
- formal vesture
- fitting chimere
- everyday civilian dress
- england symbolic
- door upper garment
- door overcoat
- cognate mythological monster chimaera
- closed cloak
- civil quality
- catholic mantelletta
- catholic counterparts
- blue chimere
- black zimarra
- academical rank
- uppermost garment
- sleeved cassock
- medieval tabard
- italian term zimarra
- herbert druitt
- convocation robe
- convocation dress
- cold weather garment
- civil costume
- academic use
- university professor
- g . moroni
- loose cloak
- episcopal habit
- civil dress
- choir vestment
- archbishop richard le scrope
- winter overcoat
- sleeveless gown
- lesser prelate
- extreme reformer
- platform party
- modern fr
- choir habit
- anglican form
- purple cassock
- white binding
- erudizione storico
- church bishop
- academic cap
- sheepskin coat
- gold tassel
- black scarf
- archbishop parker
- encyclopædia britannica article
- civil function
- academic gown
- upper garment
- episcopal office
- academic history
- ceremonial dress
- black cloth
- civil life
- influential article
- roman senator
- upper arm
- common origin
- old french
- roman curia
- european continent
- modern english
- common prayer
- anglican communion
- encyclopædia britannica
- northern europe
- recent time
- lead singer
- catholic church
- twentieth century
- 14th century
- 15th century
- noun coins made of gold
- noun a deep yellow color
- an amber light illuminated the room
- he admired the gold of her hair
- noun a woman's dress, usually with a close-fitting bodice and a long flared skirt, often worn on formal occasions
- noun the members of a university as distinguished from the other residents of the town in which the university is located
- the relations between town and gown are always sensitive
traitéSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun improvement (or an intended improvement) in the existing form or condition of institutions or practices etc.; intended to make a striking change for the better in social or political or religious affairs
- noun a religious movement of the 16th century that began as an attempt to reform the Roman Catholic Church and resulted in the creation of Protestant churches
- noun the attire worn in a play or at a fancy dress ball
- he won the prize for best costume
- noun unusual or period attire not characteristic of or appropriate to the time and place
- in spite of the heat he insisted on his woolen costume
taberdaSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun a light curved skeleton to spread out a skirt
- noun a rigid circular band of metal or wood or other material used for holding or fastening or hanging or pulling
- there was still a rusty iron hoop for tying a horse
moroniSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun a mild viral infection involving the nose and respiratory passages (but not the lungs)
- will they never find a cure for the common cold?
- noun the absence of heat
frigidness; coldness; frigidity; low temperature.
- the coldness made our breath visible
- come in out of the cold
- cold is a vasoconstrictor
- noun tanned skin of a sheep with the fleece left on; used for clothing
- noun skin of a sheep or goat prepared for writing on
- noun a substance from which another substance is formed (especially by a metabolic reaction)
- noun a person who goes before or announces the coming of another
- noun one of the large landmasses of the earth
- there are seven continents
- pioneers had to cross the continent on foot
- noun the European mainland
- Englishmen like to visit the Continent but they wouldn't like to live there
skirlaweSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun the act of retaining something
- noun the power of retaining and recalling past experience
retentivity; retentiveness; memory.
- he had a good memory when he was younger
scropeSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun the provincial capital of Veneto; built on 118 islands within a lagoon in the Gulf of Venice; has canals instead of streets; one of Italy's major ports and a famous tourist attraction
- noun a chronic inflammatory collagen disease affecting connective tissue (skin or joints)
- noun any supernatural being worshipped as controlling some part of the world or some aspect of life or who is the personification of a force
god; deity; immortal.
- noun the quality of being divine
- ancient Egyptians believed in the divinity of the Pharaohs
- noun place of business where professional or clerical duties are performed
- he rented an office in the new building
- noun an administrative unit of government
agency; authority; bureau; federal agency; government agency.
- the Central Intelligence Agency
- the Census Bureau
- Office of Management and Budget
- Tennessee Valley Authority
- adjective in or characteristic of a region of the United States north of (approximately) the Mason-Dixon line
- Northern liberals
- northern industry
- northern cities
- noun a dialect of Middle English that developed into Scottish Lallans
- noun a disputant who advocates reform
meliorist; reformist; social reformer; crusader.
- noun an apparatus that reforms the molecular structure of hydrocarbons to produce richer fuel
- a catalytic reformer
églisesSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun anything that covers or conceals
- noun a loose outer garment
- adjective being or occurring at an advanced period of time or after a usual or expected time
- late evening
- late 18th century
- a late movie
- took a late flight
- had a late breakfast
- adjective satellite after the expected or usual time; delayed
- a belated birthday card
- I'm late for the plane
- the train is late
- tardy children are sent to the principal
- always tardy in making dental appointments
- noun a visual attribute of things that results from the light they emit or transmit or reflect
colour; coloring; colouring.
- a white color is made up of many different wavelengths of light
- noun interest and variety and intensity
- the Puritan Period was lacking in color
- the characters were delineated with exceptional vividness
- noun the quality or state of the achromatic color of least lightness (bearing the least resemblance to white)
- noun total absence of light
lightlessness; pitch blackness; blackness; total darkness.
- they fumbled around in total darkness
- in the black of night
- noun a prayer asking God's help as part of a religious service
- noun an incantation used in conjuring or summoning a devil
- noun any loose flowing garment
- noun outerwear consisting of a long flowing garment used for official or ceremonial occasions
- noun the century from 1901 to 2000
- noun the body of faculty and students at a university
- noun establishment where a seat of higher learning is housed, including administrative and living quarters as well as facilities for research and teaching
- noun a nonmilitary citizen
- adjective associated with civil life or performed by persons who are not active members of the military
- civilian clothing
- civilian life
mantellumSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun gown (especially ceremonial garments) worn by the clergy
- noun a solemn commitment of your life or your time to some cherished purpose (to a service or a goal)
- his consecration to study
- noun (religion) sanctification of something by setting it apart (usually with religious rites) as dedicated to God
- the Cardinal attended the consecration of the church
- noun an occurrence that involves the production of a union
- noun the state of being joined or united or linked
- there is strength in union
- noun the second day of the week; the first working day
- noun a member of a Buddhist people living in Myanmar and adjacent parts of Thailand
barbierSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun the side that is forward or prominent
forepart; front end.
- noun the line along which opposing armies face each other
front line; battlefront.
- noun a strip of land projecting into a body of water
- noun a sleeveless garment like a cloak but shorter
ecclesiasticaSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun a fabric made from the fine threads produced by certain insect larvae
- noun animal fibers produced by silkworms and other larvae that spin cocoons and by most spiders
- noun past times (especially in the phrase `in days of old')
- adjective (used especially of persons) having lived for a relatively long time or attained a specific age
- his mother is very old
- a ripe old age
- how old are you?
- noun a lavish dance requiring formal attire
- noun a gown for evening wear
dinner dress; evening gown; dinner gown.
- noun the part of the body between the neck and the upper arm
- noun a cut of meat including the upper joint of the foreleg
- noun a word or expression used for some particular thing
- he learned many medical terms
- noun a limited period of time
- a prison term
- he left school before the end of term
- noun the part of a garment that is attached at the armhole and that provides a cloth covering for the arm
- noun small case into which an object fits
zamarraSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun United States musician and composer and conductor noted for his comic operas (1859-1924)
- noun a chorus that sings as part of a religious ceremony
- noun a family of similar musical instrument playing together
- noun a distinct part that can be specified separately in a group of things that could be enumerated on a list
- he noticed an item in the New York Times
- she had several items on her shopping list
- the main point on the agenda was taken up first
- noun a small part that can be considered separately from the whole
- it was perfect in all details
- noun the state of being suitable or opportune
- chairs arranged for his own convenience
- noun the quality of being useful and convenient
- they offered the convenience of an installment plan
- noun the atmospheric conditions that comprise the state of the atmosphere in terms of temperature and wind and clouds and precipitation
atmospheric condition; conditions; weather condition.
- they were hoping for good weather
- every day we have weather conditions and yesterday was no exception
- the conditions were too rainy for playing in the snow
- verb face and withstand with courage
brave out; brave; endure.
- She braved the elements
- noun a black garment reaching down to the ankles; worn by priests or choristers
- noun a piece of open land for recreational use in an urban area
green; park; commons.
- they went for a walk in the park
- adjective belonging to or participated in by a community as a whole; public
- for the common good
- common lands are set aside for use by all members of a community
- noun the national church of England (and all other churches in other countries that share its beliefs); has its see in Canterbury and the sovereign as its temporal head
Anglican Church; Church of England.
- noun a formal event performed on a special occasion
ceremony; ceremonial occasion; observance.
- a ceremony commemorating Pearl Harbor
- adjective satellite marked by pomp or ceremony or formality
- a ceremonial occasion
- ceremonial garb
chamarreSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun one related by blood or origin; especially on sharing an ancestor with another
blood relative; blood relation; sib.
- noun a word is cognate with another if both derive from the same word in an ancestral language
- noun an established custom
- it was their habit to dine at 7 every evening
- noun (psychology) an automatic pattern of behavior in reaction to a specific situation; may be inherited or acquired through frequent repetition
- owls have nocturnal habits
- she had a habit twirling the ends of her hair
- long use had hardened him to it
- noun an article of clothing
- garments of the finest silk
- verb provide with clothes or put clothes on
enclothe; fit out; garb; raiment; apparel; habilitate; dress; tog; clothe.
- Parents must feed and dress their child
- noun English since about 1450
- noun a radioactive element of the alkali-metal group discovered as a disintegration product of actinium
francium; atomic number 87.
- noun disgraceful gossip about the private lives of other people
malicious gossip; dirt.
- noun a disgraceful event
- noun a human limb; technically the part of the superior limb between the shoulder and the elbow but commonly used to refer to the whole superior limb
- noun any projection that is thought to resemble a human arm
- the arm of the record player
- an arm of the sea
- a branch of the sewer
- noun an imaginary creature usually having various human and animal parts
- noun someone or something that is abnormally large and powerful
giant; colossus; behemoth; goliath.
- noun blue color or pigment; resembling the color of the clear sky in the daytime
- he had eyes of bright blue
- noun blue clothing
- she was wearing blue
- noun a garment worn around the head or neck or shoulders for warmth or decoration
- noun a joint made by notching the ends of two pieces of timber or metal so that they will lock together end-to-end
- noun an advantage held by a competitor in a race
- he took the lead at the last turn
- noun a soft heavy toxic malleable metallic element; bluish white when freshly cut but tarnishes readily to dull grey
Pb; atomic number 82.
- the children were playing with lead soldiers
- adjective of or associated with a church (especially a Christian Church)
- ecclesiastic history
- noun a purple color or pigment
- noun of imperial status
- he was born to the purple
- noun something used to beautify
- verb make more attractive by adding ornament, colour, etc.
embellish; beautify; decorate; grace; adorn.
- Decorate the room for the party
- beautify yourself for the special day
They see no difference between an idler with a hat and national cockade, and an idler in a cowl or in a rochet. Burke.
- adjective not open or affording passage or access
- the many closed streets made travel difficult
- our neighbors peeped from behind closed curtains
- verb move so that an opening or passage is obstructed; make shut
- Close the door
- shut the window
montaultSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
cappaSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
zimarraSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun red color or pigment; the chromatic color resembling the hue of blood
- noun a tributary of the Mississippi River that flows eastward from Texas along the southern boundary of Oklahoma and through Louisiana
- noun the 2nd smallest continent (actually a vast peninsula of Eurasia); the British use `Europe' to refer to all of the continent except the British Isles
- noun an international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members
European Community; EC; European Economic Community; Common Market; EU; European Union; EEC.
- he tried to take Britain into the Europen Union
- adjective relating to or belonging to the Middle Ages
- Medieval scholars
- Medieval times
- adjective satellite as if belonging to the Middle Ages; old-fashioned and unenlightened
- a medieval attitude toward dating
- noun a person or thing equal to another in value or measure or force or effect or significance etc
- send two dollars or the equivalent in stamps
- noun the atomic weight of an element that has the same combining capacity as a given weight of another element; the standard is 8 for oxygen
combining weight; eq; equivalent weight.
- verb grant freedom to; free from confinement
unloosen; unloose; free; release; liberate.
- verb turn loose or free from restraint
let loose; unleash.
- let loose mines
- Loose terrible plagues upon humanity
cheimériosSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
dizionarioSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
mantellettaSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun nonfictional prose forming an independent part of a publication
- noun one of a class of artifacts
- an article of clothing
- adjective possible but not necessary; left to personal choice
- noun the furthest or highest degree of something
- he carried it to extremes
- noun the point located farthest from the middle of something
extremum; extreme point.
- adjective having or exercising influence or power
- an influential newspaper
- influential leadership for peace
britannicaSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun a typeface used in ancient Roman inscriptions
roman type; roman print; roman letters.
- noun a resident of modern Rome
- noun someone who is a member of the faculty at a college or university
- adjective satellite at or nearest to the top
- the uppermost book in the pile
- on the topmost step
- adverb in or into the most prominent position, as in the mind
- say what comes uppermost
- noun the act of praying for divine protection
- noun a ceremonial prayer invoking divine protection
storicoSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun position 20 in a countable series of things
- adjective satellite coming next after the nineteenth in position
- noun the place where something begins, where it springs into being
root; beginning; rootage; source.
- the Italian beginning of the Renaissance
- Jupiter was the origin of the radiation
- Pittsburgh is the source of the Ohio River
- communism's Russian root
- noun properties attributable to your ancestry
- he comes from good origins
- noun the higher of two berths
- noun piece of leather or synthetic material that forms the part of a shoe or boot above the sole that encases the foot
- Uppers come in many styles
- adjective satellite applying to ordinary citizens as contrasted with the military
- civil authorities
- adjective not rude; marked by satisfactory (or especially minimal) adherence to social usages and sufficient but not noteworthy consideration for others
- even if he didn't like them he should have been civil"- W.S. Maugham
- noun a senior clergyman and dignitary
hierarch; high priest; primate; archpriest.
- noun a heavy coat worn over clothes in winter
- noun an additional protective coating (as of paint or varnish)
- adjective relating to or using or proceeding by means of symbols
- symbolic logic
- symbolic operations
- symbolic thinking
- adjective satellite serving as a visible symbol for something abstract
symbolical; emblematical; emblematic.
- a crown is emblematic of royalty
- the spinning wheel was as symbolic of colonical Massachusetts as the codfish
clausaSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun a row or line of people (especially soldiers or police) standing abreast of one another
- the entrance was guarded by ranks of policemen
- noun relative status
- his salary was determined by his rank and seniority
- noun one of the groups of Christians who have their own beliefs and forms of worship
- noun a place for public (especially Christian) worship
- the church was empty
- noun a division of the United Kingdom
- noun an essential and distinguishing attribute of something or someone
- the quality of mercy is not strained"--Shakespeare
- noun a degree or grade of excellence or worth
- the quality of students has risen
- an executive of low caliber
- noun an aggressive and violent young criminal
strong-armer; tough; goon; punk; hoodlum; thug; toughie.
- noun a protective covering that is part of a plant
- noun the act of using
utilization; utilisation; usage; employment; exercise.
- he warned against the use of narcotic drugs
- skilled in the utilization of computers
- noun what something is used for
function; role; purpose.
- the function of an auger is to bore holes
- ballet is beautiful but what use is it?
- noun a gown worn by academics or judges
judge's robe; academic robe.
- noun a raised horizontal surface
- the speaker mounted the platform
- noun a document stating the aims and principles of a political party
program; political platform; political program.
- their candidate simply ignored the party platform
- they won the election even though they offered no positive program
- noun a bishop of highest rank
- adjective satellite based on or told of in traditional stories; lacking factual basis or historical validity
mythic; fabulous; mythical; mythologic.
- mythical centaurs
- the fabulous unicorn
- noun sharing thoughts and feelings
- noun the act of participating in the celebration of the Eucharist
manduction; Holy Communion; sacramental manduction.
- the governor took Communion with the rest of the congregation
- noun a coat made of sheepskin
- noun a grotesque product of the imagination
- noun (Greek mythology) fire-breathing female monster with a lion's head and a goat's body and a serpent's tail; daughter of Typhon
- noun an instance or single occasion for some event
- this time he succeeded
- he called four times
- he could do ten at a clip
- noun a period of time considered as a resource under your control and sufficient to accomplish something
- take time to smell the roses
- I didn't have time to finish
- it took more than half my time
- adjective not suited to your comfort, purpose or needs
- it is inconvenient not to have a telephone in the kitchen
- the back hall is an inconvenient place for the telephone
- adjective satellite not conveniently timed
- an early departure is inconvenient for us
- noun the head of the Roman Catholic Church
Roman Catholic Pope; pontiff; Catholic Pope; Vicar of Christ; Holy Father; Bishop of Rome.
- noun English poet and satirist (1688-1744)
- noun (mathematics) a mathematical relation such that each element of a given set (the domain of the function) is associated with an element of another set (the range of the function)
single-valued function; mathematical function; mapping; map.
- noun what something is used for
use; role; purpose.
- the function of an auger is to bore holes
- ballet is beautiful but what use is it?
- noun a characteristic state or mode of living
- social life
- city life
- real life
- noun the experience of being alive; the course of human events and activities
- he could no longer cope with the complexities of life
- adjective made with sleeves or sleeves especially as specified; often used in combination
- sleeved garments
- noun a swinging or sliding barrier that will close the entrance to a room or building or vehicle
- he knocked on the door
- he slammed the door as he left
- noun the entrance (the space in a wall) through which you enter or leave a room or building; the space that a door can close
threshold; room access; doorway.
- he stuck his head in the doorway
- noun the phonological or orthographic sound or appearance of a word that can be used to describe or identify something
descriptor; word form; signifier.
- the inflected forms of a word can be represented by a stem and a list of inflections to be attached
- noun a category of things distinguished by some common characteristic or quality
sort; kind; variety.
- sculpture is a form of art
- what kinds of desserts are there?
- noun brick that is laid sideways at the top of a wall
- noun a long cloak; worn by a priest or bishop on ceremonial occasions
- noun something that covers or cloaks like a garment
- fields in a vesture of green
- noun a covering designed to be worn on a person's body
habiliment; wear; clothing; wearable; article of clothing.
- noun adornment consisting of a bunch of cords fastened at one end
- noun a church officer who takes care of the interior of the building and acts as an attendant (carries the verge) during ceremonies
- noun artifact made by weaving or felting or knitting or crocheting natural or synthetic fibers
textile; material; fabric.
- the fabric in the curtains was light and semitransparent
- woven cloth originated in Mesopotamia around 5000 BC
- she measured off enough material for a dress
- noun an authoritative rule of conduct or procedure
- noun an explanation or definition of an obscure word in a text
- noun the quality or state of the achromatic color of greatest lightness (bearing the least resemblance to black)
- noun a member of the Caucasoid race
White person; Caucasian.
- noun a Protestant who is a follower of Anglicanism
- adjective of or pertaining to or characteristic of the Anglican church
- an Anglican bishop
- noun the dressed hairy coat of a mammal
- noun dense coat of fine silky hairs on mammals (e.g., cat or seal or weasel)
- noun an area that is approximately central within some larger region
heart; eye; center; centre.
- it is in the center of town
- they ran forward into the heart of the struggle
- they were in the eye of the storm
- noun an intermediate part or section
- A whole is that which has beginning, middle, and end"- Aristotle
- adjective having no sleeves
- sleeveless summer dresses
- adjective satellite unproductive of success
fruitless; vain; bootless; futile.
- a fruitless search
- futile years after her artistic peak
- a sleeveless errand
- a vain attempt
- noun a tight-fitting headdress
- noun a top (as for a bottle)
- adjective of less size or importance
- the lesser anteater
- the lesser of two evils
- adjective satellite smaller in size or amount or value
- the lesser powers of Europe
- the lesser anteater
- noun position 19 in a countable series of things
- adjective satellite coming next after the eighteenth in position
- noun in Christianity, clergymen collectively (as distinguished from the laity)
- noun the aggregate of past events
- a critical time in the school's history
- noun a record or narrative description of past events
account; story; chronicle.
- a history of France
- he gave an inaccurate account of the plot to kill the president
- the story of exposure to lead
- noun a design or figure that consists of recurring shapes or colors, as in architecture or decoration
- noun a theme that is repeated or elaborated in a piece of music
- noun a period of 100 years
- noun ten 10s
one C; 100; hundred; C.
- noun a contemporary person
- noun a typeface (based on an 18th century design by Gianbattista Bodoni) distinguished by regular shape and hairline serifs and heavy downstrokes
Bodoni font; modern font; Bodoni.
- noun the capacity to attract and hold something
- noun strip sewn over or along an edge for reinforcement or decoration
- noun the branch of engineering that deals with the use of computers and telecommunications to retrieve and store and transmit information
- adjective denoting or governed by or relating to a bishop or bishops
- adjective of or pertaining to or characteristic of the Episcopal church
- the Episcopal hierarchy
- married by an Episcopalian minister
- noun a long narrow opening
- noun obscene terms for female genitals
puss; pussy; snatch; twat; cunt.
- noun a grotesque product of the imagination
- noun (Greek mythology) fire-breathing female monster with a lion's head and a goat's body and a serpent's tail; daughter of Typhon
- noun the act of communicating with a deity (especially as a petition or in adoration or contrition or thanksgiving)
- the priest sank to his knees in prayer
- noun reverent petition to a deity
- adjective characteristic of or occurring in winter
- suffered severe wintry weather
- brown wintry grasses
- adjective satellite devoid of warmth and cordiality; expressive of unfriendliness or disdain
frozen; icy; frigid; glacial; frosty.
- a frigid greeting
- got a frosty reception
- a frozen look on their faces
- a glacial handshake
- icy stare
- wintry smile
- noun a one-piece garment for a woman; has skirt and bodice
- noun clothing of a distinctive style or for a particular occasion
- formal attire
- battle dress
- noun a senior member of the Christian clergy having spiritual and administrative authority; appointed in Christian churches to oversee priests or ministers; considered in some churches to be successors of the twelve Apostles of Christ
- noun port wine mulled with oranges and cloves
- adjective satellite free from provincial prejudices or attachments
- catholic in one's tastes
- noun a member of a Catholic church
- noun a republic in southern Europe on the Italian Peninsula; was the core of the Roman Republic and the Roman Empire between the 4th century BC and the 5th century AD
Italia; Italian Republic.
- noun the coldest season of the year; in the northern hemisphere it extends from the winter solstice to the vernal equinox
- verb spend the winter
- We wintered on the Riviera
- Shackleton's men overwintered on Elephant Island
- noun a licensed medical practitioner
MD; medico; physician; doc; Dr..
- I felt so bad I went to see my doctor
- noun (Roman Catholic Church) a title conferred on 33 saints who distinguished themselves through the orthodoxy of their theological teaching
Doctor of the Church.
- the Doctors of the Church greatly influenced Christian thought down to the late Middle Ages
- noun English chemist noted for his studies of molecular structures in plants (1886-1975)
Robert Robinson; Sir Robert Robinson.
- noun United States prizefighter who won the world middleweight championship five times and the world welterweight championship once (1921-1989)
Sugar Ray Robinson; Walker Smith; Ray Robinson.
- noun alert carnivorous mammal with pointed muzzle and ears and a bushy tail; most are predators that do not hunt in packs
- noun a shifty deceptive person
- adjective satellite found in the ordinary course of events
mundane; unremarkable; quotidian; workaday; routine.
- a placid everyday scene
- it was a routine day
- there's nothing quite like a real...train conductor to add color to a quotidian commute"- Anita Diamant
- adjective satellite appropriate for ordinary or routine occasions
- casual clothes
- everyday clothes
- noun making or becoming suitable; adjusting to circumstances
- noun a small and often standardized accessory to a larger system
- noun (Roman Catholic Church) one of a group of more than 100 prominent bishops in the Sacred College who advise the Pope and elect new Popes
- noun the number of elements in a mathematical set; denotes a quantity but not the order
- noun a detailed list of all the items in stock
- noun the merchandise that a shop has on hand
- they carried a vast inventory of hardware
- they stopped selling in exact sizes in order to reduce inventory
- noun an inference that if things agree in some respects they probably agree in others
- noun drawing a comparison in order to show a similarity in some respect
- the operation of a computer presents and interesting analogy to the working of the brain
- the models show by analogy how matter is built up
- noun the act of making something different (as e.g. the size of a garment)
- noun slightly modified copy; not an exact copy
- a modification of last year's model
- noun an organization to gain political power
- in 1992 Perot tried to organize a third party at the national level
- noun a group of people gathered together for pleasure
- she joined the party after dinner
- noun someone who is not a clergyman or a professional person
- adjective of or relating to the doctrine that rejects religion and religious considerations
- noun a variable color that is vivid red but sometimes with an orange tinge
orange red; vermilion.
- adjective satellite of a color at the end of the color spectrum (next to orange); resembling the color of blood or cherries or tomatoes or rubies
reddish; cherry; crimson; blood-red; cerise; cherry-red; carmine; ruby-red; ruby; red; ruddy.
erudizioneSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun a woman's fur shoulder cape with hanging ends; often consisting of the whole fur of a fox or marten
tabardumSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
faussesSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun a long cassock with buttons down the front; worn by Roman Catholic priests
Led through the vale of tears to the region of eucharist and hallelujahs. South.
- noun a group gathered in response to a summons
- noun the act of convoking
- noun a person or thing having the same function or characteristics as another
vis-a-vis; opposite number.
- noun a duplicate copy
- noun the earliest form of the French language; 9th to 15th century
- adjective of or relating to or in accord with liturgy
collobiumSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun cruel or inhumane treatment
maltreatment; ill-treatment; ill-usage.
- the child showed signs of physical abuse
- noun a rude expression intended to offend or hurt
revilement; vilification; contumely; insult.
- when a student made a stupid mistake he spared them no abuse
- they yelled insults at the visiting team
- noun a joint between the distal end of the radius and the proximal row of carpal bones
carpus; radiocarpal joint; wrist joint; articulatio radiocarpea.
- noun a member of a senate
- noun an alloy of copper and zinc
- noun a wind instrument that consists of a brass tube (usually of variable length) that is blown by means of a cup-shaped or funnel-shaped mouthpiece
- noun any of several churches claiming to have maintained historical continuity with the original Christian Church
- adjective satellite new
- recent graduates
- a recent addition to the house
- recent buds on the apple trees
- noun approximately the last 10,000 years
Holocene epoch; Recent epoch; Holocene.
- noun a person who sings
vocalizer; vocalist; vocaliser.
- noun United States inventor of an improved chain-stitch sewing machine (1811-1875)
Isaac Merrit Singer; Isaac M. Singer.
richardSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun the northernmost countries of Europe
- noun an outer garment that has sleeves and covers the body from shoulder down; worn outdoors
- noun a thin layer covering something
- a second coat of paint
- noun any material used for its color
color; coloring material; colouring material.
- she used a different color for the trim
- noun a race with skin pigmentation different from the white race (especially Blacks)
color; people of color; people of colour.
epitogiumSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun a loose-fitting white ecclesiastical vestment with wide sleeves
- noun an educator who works at a college or university
academician; faculty member.
- adjective associated with academia or an academy
- the academic curriculum
- academic gowns
- noun a short sleeveless outer tunic emblazoned with a coat of arms; worn by a knight over his armor or by a herald
druittSorry, we do not have the definition for this word.
- noun the time at which something is supposed to begin
outset; get-go; showtime; starting time; kickoff; start; offset; beginning; first.
- they got an early start
- she knew from the get-go that he was the man for her
- noun an academic exercise in which diplomas are conferred
graduation exercise; commencement ceremony; graduation; commencement exercise.
How can we make the selection of words better for you?
Words are expressive, emotive, nuanced, subtle, erudite and discerning!
Unfortunately words are sometimes also elusive, deceptive, fleeting in memory.
Through months of bittersweet labor, we finally have assembled words together by context. A novel way to search for new and elusive words. Hope they help you!Are we in the right direction? Are your needs fulfilled? If so how? Is there anything we can do or do better? Please let us know in the feedback form!