houyhnhnm: Associated Words Filter by Noun/Verb/Adjective/Adverb, Position, Positive/Negative, Common/Rare, Syllables & more. Words described by houyhnhnm & Words describing houyhnhnm
- noun an artist of consummate skill
- a master of the violin
- one of the old masters
- noun a person who has general authority over others
- adjective musically pleasing
- adjective satellite exhibiting equivalence or correspondence among constituents of an entity or between different entities
- noun any competition
- the race for the presidency
- noun a contest of speed
- the race is to the swift
- noun a unit of language that native speakers can identify
- words are the blocks from which sentences are made
- he hardly said ten words all morning
- noun a brief statement
- he didn't say a word about it
- noun a newspaper or official journal
- verb publish in a gazette
- noun all of something including all its component elements or parts
- Europe considered as a whole
- the whole of American literature
- noun an assemblage of parts that is regarded as a single entity
- how big is that part compared to the whole?
- the team is a unit
- noun a mobile mass of muscular tissue covered with mucous membrane and located in the oral cavity
clapper; lingua; glossa.
- noun a human written or spoken language used by a community; opposed to e.g. a computer language
- noun a titled peer of the realm
- adjective satellite impressive in appearance
imposing; baronial; stately.
- a baronial mansion
- an imposing residence
- a noble tree
- severe-looking policemen sat astride noble horses
- stately columns
- adjective possessing life
- the happiest person alive
- the nerve is alive
- doctors are working hard to keep him alive
- burned alive
- a live canary
- adjective satellite (often followed by `with') full of life and spirit
- she was wonderfully alive for her age
- a face alive with mischief
- noun the cardinal number that is the product of 10 and 100
yard; G; thousand; grand; M; chiliad; one thousand; K; 1000.
- noun a person who possesses great material wealth
rich person; wealthy person.
- verb have or possess, either in a concrete or an abstract sense
hold; have got.
- She has $1,000 in the bank
- He has got two beautiful daughters
- She holds a Master's degree from Harvard
- adverb in the interval
- dancing all the dances with little rest between
- adverb in between
- two houses with a tree between
- verb pass into a condition gradually, take on a specific property or attribute; become
- The weather turned nasty
- She grew angry
- verb become larger, greater, or bigger; expand or gain
- The problem grew too large for me
- Her business grew fast
- adjective (especially of promises or contracts) not violated or disregarded
- unbroken promises
- promises kept
- verb keep in a certain state, position, or activity; e.g., "keep clean"
hold; maintain; keep.
- hold in place
- She always held herself as a lady
- The students keep me on my toes
- noun a systematic means of communicating by the use of sounds or conventional symbols
- he taught foreign languages
- the language introduced is standard throughout the text
- the speed with which a program can be executed depends on the language in which it is written
- noun (language) communication by word of mouth
oral communication; spoken language; voice communication; speech communication; speech; spoken communication.
- his speech was garbled
- he uttered harsh language
- he recorded the spoken language of the streets
- noun an extended social group having a distinctive cultural and economic organization
- noun a formal association of people with similar interests
guild; club; social club; gild; lodge; order.
- he joined a golf club
- they formed a small lunch society
- men from the fraternal order will staff the soup kitchen today
- noun the land on which real estate is located
- he built the house on land leased from the city
- noun material in the top layer of the surface of the earth in which plants can grow (especially with reference to its quality or use)
- the land had never been plowed
- good agricultural soil
- noun a politically organized body of people under a single government
commonwealth; land; res publica; nation; state; body politic.
- the state has elected a new president
- African nations
- students who had come to the nation's capitol
- the country's largest manufacturer
- an industrialized land
- noun the territory occupied by a nation
- he returned to the land of his birth
- he visited several European countries
- noun the sound of laughing
- noun a facial expression characteristic of a person laughing
- his face wrinkled in a silent laugh of derision
- noun a rational motive for a belief or action
- the reason that war was declared
- the grounds for their declaration
- noun an explanation of the cause of some phenomenon
- the reason a steady state was never reached was that the back pressure built up too slowly
- noun a particular society at a particular time and place
- early Mayan civilization
- noun the tastes in art and manners that are favored by a social group
- noun a characteristic state or mode of living
- social life
- city life
- real life
- noun the experience of being alive; the course of human events and activities
- he could no longer cope with the complexities of life
Sharpen your Skills with the Masters
How can we make the selection of words better for you?
Words are expressive, emotive, nuanced, subtle, erudite and discerning!
Unfortunately words are sometimes also elusive, deceptive, fleeting in memory.
Through months of bittersweet labor, we finally have assembled words together by context. A novel way to search for new and elusive words. Hope they help you!Are we in the right direction? Are your needs fulfilled? If so how? Is there anything we can do or do better? Please let us know in the feedback form!