Toys & Games: BestSellers on Amazon
hippocrene: Associated Words Filter by Noun/Verb/Adjective/Adverb, Position, Positive/Negative, Common/Rare, Syllables & more. Words described by hippocrene & Words describing hippocrene
- adjective satellite having a red face from embarrassment or shame or agitation or emotional upset
- the blushing boy was brought before the Principal
- her blushful beau
- was red-faced with anger
- adjective satellite of blush color
- blushful mists
- noun a radioactive transuranic element; discovered by bombarding americium with helium
berkelium; atomic number 97.
- noun a written work or composition that has been published (printed on pages bound together)
- I am reading a good book on economics
- noun physical objects consisting of a number of pages bound together
- he used a large book as a doorstop
- adjective satellite still full
- an untouched cocktail in her hand
- noun a structure from which an artificially produced jet of water arises
- noun a natural flow of ground water
outpouring; spring; natural spring; outflow.
- noun a hearty draft
- verb to swallow hurriedly or greedily or in one draught
- The men gulped down their beers
- noun someone employed to conduct others
- noun someone who shows the way by leading or advising
- noun North American republic containing 50 states - 48 conterminous states in North America plus Alaska in northwest North America and the Hawaiian Islands in the Pacific Ocean; achieved independence in 1776
USA; the States; U.S.; United States; US; United States of America; America.
- adjective morally pure (especially not having experienced sexual intercourse)
- a holy woman innocent and chaste
- adjective satellite pure and simple in design or style
- a chaste border of conventionalized flowers
- noun the season of growth
- the emerging buds were a sure sign of spring
- he will hold office until the spring of next year
- noun a metal elastic device that returns to its shape or position when pushed or pulled or pressed
- the spring was broken
- adjective free of extraneous elements of any kind
- pure air and water
- pure gold
- pure primary colors
- the violin's pure and lovely song
- pure tones
- pure oxygen
- adjective satellite without qualification; used informally as (often pejorative) intensifiers
perfect; double-dyed; complete; gross; arrant; unadulterated; sodding; stark; consummate; utter; thoroughgoing; everlasting; staring.
- an arrant fool
- a complete coward
- a consummate fool
- a double-dyed villain
- gross negligence
- a perfect idiot
- pure folly
- what a sodding mess
- stark staring mad
- a thoroughgoing villain
- utter nonsense
- the unadulterated truth
- noun the state of demanding notice or attention
pressure; insistency; imperativeness; insistence.
- the insistence of their hunger
- the press of business matters
- noun the print media responsible for gathering and publishing news in the form of newspapers or magazines
- noun the acquisition of something for payment
- they closed the purchase with a handshake
- noun something acquired by purchase
Borrowing of foreigners, in itself, makes not the kingdom rich or poor. Locke.
- noun the temporal end; the concluding time
finish; finis; finale; close; stopping point; conclusion.
- the stopping point of each round was signaled by a bell
- the market was up at the finish
- they were playing better at the close of the season
- noun the last or lowest in an ordering or series
- he was the last to leave
- he finished an inglorious last
- noun a telephone connection
telephone call; phone call.
- she reported several anonymous calls
- he placed a phone call to London
- he heard the phone ringing but didn't want to take the call
- noun a special disposition (as if from a divine source) to pursue a particular course
- he was disappointed that he had not heard the Call
- noun events that provide the generative force that is the origin of something
- they are trying to determine the cause of the crash
- noun a justification for something existing or happening
- he had no cause to complain
- they had good reason to rejoice
- noun proper alignment; the property possessed by something that is in correct or proper alignment
- out of true
- verb make level, square, balanced, or concentric
- true up the cylinder of an engine
- adjective same in identity
- the same man I saw yesterday
- never wore the same dress twice
- this road is the same one we were on yesterday
- on the same side of the street
- noun a member of an indigenous nomadic people living in northern Scandinavia and herding reindeer
Saame; Lapp; Sami; Saami; Lapplander.
Sharpen your Skills with the Masters
How can we make the selection of words better for you?
Words are expressive, emotive, nuanced, subtle, erudite and discerning!
Unfortunately words are sometimes also elusive, deceptive, fleeting in memory.
Through months of bittersweet labor, we finally have assembled words together by context. A novel way to search for new and elusive words. Hope they help you!Are we in the right direction? Are your needs fulfilled? If so how? Is there anything we can do or do better? Please let us know in the feedback form!